+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    2 defeats in 12 with csambles team, 22 pts so far, Csaba had 4/5 defeats after 12 incharge and in total league record was 14 wins (2 against brechin! ) 7 draws 10 defeats, add in costing us the play off and the betfred cup farce

And No they won't, the majority will want Neilson to have a summer window, the majority didn't want Csaba to have the summer he had
    I didn't say the majority. I said some.

And by saying majority yourself you accept that it's possible a minority may indeed start saying the same about Neilson and are therefore agreeing with me that SOME might turn against Robbie.

And I will be one of those wanting Neilson to have a summer window minimum to build the squad for the long term even if we miss out on the play-offs this season (which I don't think we will miss out on).
    Last edited by PortugueseFrank; 06-01-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Given the applause yesterday I would say many fans have accepted RN needs time - but yes after jan and if signings not good i agree our support has little patience. He needs the summer regardless.

18 league games left to play.

Every week we hope United will turn the corner and almost every week it's a constant struggle by the players to get a decent result.

The new signings in January will make or break this season - the present squad we have won't be winning titles or promotions.

Perhaps RN also wants to move a small number of players out of Tannadice as they might be a bad influence on the players who don't like losing - players body language, attitude at training and gritty determination can influence other players.

If the players coming in hate losing and have a never give up approach and have confidence in their ability it can give the other players a lift - at training RN will know the players who work the hardest and are determined to succeed. You don't need to be a maths professor to work that out quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Given the applause yesterday I would say many fans have accepted RN needs time - but yes after jan and if signings not good i agree our support has little patience. He needs the summer regardless.
    I completely agree, I sincerely hope enough of us do too come the end of the season, wherever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I completely agree, I sincerely hope enough of us do too come the end of the season, wherever happens.
    probably not but whilst i disagreed with laszlo i think RN can turn us round. He is hamstrung with quality and be honest his own assessment of some. SRYB

What troubles me if RN is now in the exact position Csaba was in last season at this time. Hopefully it works out differently this time

What troubles me if RN is now in the exact position Csaba was in last season at this time. Hopefully it works out differently this time
    Agreed but he should not have been in this position because Shabba should have been sacked as early as April 2018,we may well have got promoted if he was.As i said at the time of the Monkey's backing of a failing manager,"DUFC have now written off two season's in a oner.
    To make matters even worse the Monkey then allows Shabba to sign complete and utter shyte sprinkled with a couple of players on longer than the norm(in this league)contracts.I am still amazed that Neilson took this job given the task he faced.I honestly think we were very lucky to get him and he cannot be truly judged until he has his own squad.
    I realise posters sympathetic to Shabba will say he also inherited someone else's squad they were competing for automatic promotion when he took over then only qualified for the play offs by the skin of their teeth due to his mismanagement,FACT.

we need another 3 thats all. 12 if our injury record takes hold.

The punctuation in your post GB is shocking.

Can you think of any explanation as to why Curran may have been in the squad? Just don't get it, I'd have given Smith a chance as #9 if we are looking for an alternative to Safranko.
    I think you have misunderstood what i was meaning. Having no Curran on the bench means we had no alternative should Saf got injured. Having said that though, with Curran away and Cammy Smith inbound, we dont have that option for next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    18 league games left to play.

Every week we hope United will turn the corner and almost every week it's a constant struggle by the players to get a decent result.

The new signings in January will make or break this season - the present squad we have won't be winning titles or promotions.

Perhaps RN also wants to move a small number of players out of Tannadice as they might be a bad influence on the players who don't like losing - players body language, attitude at training and gritty determination can influence other players.

If the players coming in hate losing and have a never give up approach and have confidence in their ability it can give the other players a lift - at training RN will know the players who work the hardest and are determined to succeed. You don't need to be a maths professor to work that out quickly.
    16 games left and 1 draw from your 2 missing games!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)