+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR , I’ll say it again.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Ref in Iceland/Argie game just proved it, waved away calls for a pen to Argie, replays showed it was a pen for me...
    so do you think the first pen was correct? as most of the pundits are saying it was not?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    At the end of the day if you are offside tight or not,you are offside come on FIFA play to the fecking rules.
    Agree but how many Lino’s look at the red before making a decision? Might as well not be there

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    The ref let it go, he didn’t ask for var, they got in his ear, why he gave it I don’t know, pressure maybe.

If you give that then you give everything.
    checkout replay. theres no evidence of this... so your saying ref bottled it and changed his decision because ? dont forget he has the final decision, var just aids him

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    so do you think the first pen was correct? as most of the pundits are saying it was not?
    No penalty for the first one for me....

That's the thing with VAR though, it's not perfect is it, because in this one game the penalty decisions were opposite from the reality

checkout replay. theres no evidence of this... so your saying ref bottled it and changed his decision because ? dont forget he has the final decision, var just aids him
    I’m saying maybe he felt pressured

I’m saying maybe he felt pressured
    perfect way to take the pressure off by reviewing the decision and getting it right... you cant slate var when its poor reffing that got it wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    No penalty for the first one for me....

That's the thing with VAR though, it's not perfect is it, because in this one game the penalty decisions were opposite from the reality
    could you be 100% sure in real time though?
    tbf it doesnt need to be perfect. it just needs to be better than we have atm. go back 12 month and majority of fans/players and even managers were calling for a replay of major decisions...

perfect way to take the pressure off by reviewing the decision and getting it right... you cant slate var when its poor reffing that got it wrong...
    I don’t think the ref got it wrong until var interrupted though.

You won’t change my mind, var is sh ite

Stick with goal line and get rid of var

I don’t think the ref got it wrong until var interrupted though.

You won’t change my mind, var is sh ite

Stick with goal line and get rid of var

haha im not trying to change your mind or you would be as bad as the ref {)... you just answered your own problem regards refs/var

could you be 100% sure in real time though?
    tbf it doesnt need to be perfect. it just needs to be better than we have atm. go back 12 month and majority of fans/players and even managers were calling for a replay of major decisions...
    I think we either accept it fully and take the ref's opinion out of it, in terms of when the ball goes dead, then check, every time, with VAR, in penalty decisions, because plainly ref's are human and only give what they can see, my worry with that though, is that the so called 'soft' penalty's would always be given, we all know the ones, a little bit of contact, player collapses, penalty given, that for me takes away some of the game we all love.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast