+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mcgugan

Mcgugan

Load of talk on twitter of him signing for us tomorrow. Anyone know what the source is?

Quote Originally Posted by Comptonpie View Post
    Load of talk on twitter of him signing for us tomorrow. Anyone know what the source is?
    Red I would have thought.......

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Red I would have thought.......
    Probably turn out brown with lumps in.

McGugan is cobblers.

Northampton fans saying they think he was released as they couldn't afford to offer him a longer contract (he was on 16k at Sheff Weds) and that they reckoned he was only there to get fit and get back into the Championship. They say he showed lots of glimpses of quality but was a luxury they couldn't afford.

If that's the case I'd be very surprised if we signed him but if we did then at least we know he's not ready for the scrap heap yet.

Any Long Eaton Pies keep your eye out for him....

If he could get anywhere near back to his previous best he'd be an amazing signing at this level. But since he's not really been a regular for anyone since he left Forest five years ago that's highly doubtful. He also doesn't strike me as a KN type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    If he could get anywhere near back to his previous best he'd be an amazing signing at this level. But since he's not really been a regular for anyone since he left Forest five years ago that's highly doubtful. He also doesn't strike me as a KN type of player.
    He hasn't played much since 2015, but he had a very good first season at Watford (after Forest) with 10 goals in 34 league starts, and the year after he played 28 games if you include the Wednesday loan.

McGugan is a show pony who's attitude stinks, never realised his potential and that's why, not a good signing at all.

Now we've signed Virtue (and Noble) this would seem unlikely...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Now we've signed Virtue (and Noble) this would seem unlikely...
    You are probably right Dave... the man issues now are up front and obviously because of recent departures we are short at CB....