+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Administration

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    You're right of course. The problem is, whenever there's a lack of information coming forward, people fill it with their own speculation and agendas. That's always happened, but in these days of social media this snowballs to hysterical levels sometimes.

Part Lies, Part Heart, Part Truth, Part Garbage.
    Yes indeed. To be honest I'm increasingly sceptical about the SA consortium following through, mainly due to the awful timing with the season now looming, but I remain hopeful if nothing else. I just want us to have a club to support. If we do get megabucks owners then 'yippee' but if not let's have some long-needed stability, prudence and hope.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 23-06-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yes indeed. To be honest I'm increasingly sceptical about the SA consortium following through, mainly due to the awful timing with the season now looming, but I remain hopeful if nothing else. I just want us to have a club to support. If we do get megabucks owners then 'yippee' but if not let's have some long-needed stability, prudence and hope.

'Low Expectations', was a little known book written by Charles Dickens about Notts County. Yes, as every day passes it's beginning to look more and more like chit creek is invariably the next stop on our journey into oblivion, *sighs*.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...perate-3010003

Does anyone know whether I'm right in thinking that an impending winding-up hearing means we are under an automatic transfer embargo? Or have I imagined that rule?

I have no knowledge about this but is it a possibility that Hardy is counting on either a fee for Kion Etete or a sum from the parachute payment to pay the HMRC bill in order to keep the club afloat while he messes around further or alternatively attempts to stay in control of the club?

The previous winding up hearing culminated in a very lenient decision in terms of the time the club has been allowed to pay outstanding moneys and it makes one wonder if they have been offered some kind of insurance regarding ability to pay by July 10th. (I'm not personally saying that 'assurance' would be worth anything.)

Quote Originally Posted by Masson4 View Post
    I have no knowledge about this but is it a possibility that Hardy is counting on either a fee for Kion Etete or a sum from the parachute payment to pay the HMRC bill in order to keep the club afloat while he messes around further or alternatively attempts to stay in control of the club?

The previous winding up hearing culminated in a very lenient decision in terms of the time the club has been allowed to pay outstanding moneys and it makes one wonder if they have been offered some kind of insurance regarding ability to pay by July 10th. (I'm not personally saying that 'assurance' would be worth anything.)
    Robbing Peter to pay Paul? I think it's just a matter of time....

Go sleep it off Dad. You're misunderstanding posts deliberately now. Just because I refuse to join in the Hardy hate party doesn't mean I think everything in the garden's rosy, contrary to popular belief. Try removing the anger and emotion lenses and seeing what's actually real, what's partially real, what's been totally made up and what's been deliberately skewed by the various parties. You believing that something that clearly isn't a 'given' is one is a good example.

The real problem is that this has been dragging on so long that I believe many of our most vociferous fans are forgetting what is speculation and what is fact, which is, to a certain degree, very understandable. You pointlessly having a go at me for making a factual statement won't get the club sold any faster, if at all.

ETA: By the way I think it is a good thing to counterbalance MiG's views on here so I take that as a compliment although this fence business is strange. If MiG is at one side and I'm his mirror image surely I can't also be on the fence? Puzzling.
    Unfortunately Swale, alcohol is a pleasure I can no longer enjoy - hopefully supporting Notts isn't added to that list any time soon. Being up at 2 is now regular for me and maybe why I get grumpy. I do not know for sure but I believe Notts will not be promoted next season and I believe that is a price worth paying to get stability and rid of the person I believe is to blame for this situation. I also believe that said person does not deserve a golden handshake as part of the process. I also believe that, as you point out, mixing metaphors in one post isn't a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Unfortunately Swale, alcohol is a pleasure I can no longer enjoy - hopefully supporting Notts isn't added to that list any time soon. Being up at 2 is now regular for me and maybe why I get grumpy. I do not know for sure but I believe Notts will not be promoted next season and I believe that is a price worth paying to get stability and rid of the person I believe is to blame for this situation. I also believe that said person does not deserve a golden handshake as part of the process. I also believe that, as you point out, mixing metaphors in one post isn't a good idea!

Sounds fair to me. I just want some stability too to be honest but a few bob in the coffers wouldn't go amiss either. For what it's worth I'm virtually teetotal too.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Because if we go into administration then we take a 12 point deduction and would most certainly hinder any chance of an immediate return to the football league. Any buyer waiting for us to go into administration clearly has no ambitions for Notts County or has no money and will use us as a play thing just like Hardy has.
    This is my concern. It’s a big gamble to take a points deduction and expect to obtain a good 62 points or more to survive relegation.

It’s not only the points deduction but the psychological effect of being behind everyone else with deductions. With the right team and personnel it could be a galvanising factor, but with Notts it always tends to be the worse possible outcome. In which case relegation to the National League North.

Is it at that point the lease on our Meadow Lane ground comes under threat if we go down to the 6th tier?

Plus if we were to go into Administration would the club not be subjected to a transfer embargo?

I may be missing something but surely going into Administration would be a disaster for on the field affairs and really would put us at rock bottom before a ball is kicked in anger in the forthcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    This is my concern. It’s a big gamble to take a points deduction and expect to obtain a good 62 points or more to survive relegation.

It’s not only the points deduction but the psychological effect of being behind everyone else with deductions. With the right team and personnel it could be a galvanising factor, but with Notts it always tends to be the worse possible outcome. In which case relegation to the National League North.

Is it at that point the lease on our Meadow Lane ground comes under threat if we go down to the 6th tier?

Plus if we were to go into Administration would the club not be subjected to a transfer embargo?

I may be missing something but surely going into Administration would be a disaster for on the field affairs and really would put us at rock bottom before a ball is kicked in anger in the forthcoming season.
    Yes re. Meadow Lane lease. I also have a suspicion we are already under a transfer embargo for having a 'live' winding up petition on file. I could be wrong on that bit though.

Yes re. Meadow Lane lease. I also have a suspicion we are already under a transfer embargo for having a 'live' winding up petition on file. I could be wrong on that bit though.
    Not seen anywhere about a transfer embargo? Regarding points deduction I would need to check but I was told last week it’s 9 points in NFL?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast