+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STAND BY OUR MANAGER

re: STAND BY OUR MANAGER

If Fergie couldn't get a win with this squad then therein lies the problem. If the squad isn't good enough then there is only one man to blame.

Many of Sheerins signings have been very poor. Yes, there have been some successes notably wee Josh but how many players have wee signed only for them to spend most of their time sitting in the stand ?

I certainly won't forget the league winning team and the quality of football played. Undoubtedly, the best I have seen in over thirty years of supporting the Lichties. However, the past couple of seasons have been a very different story. Last season was inconsistent at best. Yes some good results and performances such as the Celtic games but generally fairly average. This season has just been dire !

If there were any signs of improvement then I would probably be in favour of giving Paul more time. Unfortunately, it's the opposite and we are on a very steep decline and descent to the bottom league. Think it's time to say thanks for the memorie

Am off, appears the "lynch mob" is out

Well said FIFELICHTIE!

[quote="ectolichtie" is out[/quote]

Not at all ectolichtie. Just very hard to remain positive really!

Nah the "lynch mob" and been sniping since the summer, if the manager walks, a successor? The 1st one to mention Colin Cameron should be banned from this forum

[quote="ectolichtie" and been sniping since the summer[/quote]

Fair enough comment ectolichtie. Certainly no me. His position should never have been in question at the start of the campaign, even within the first few months. Every manager should be given adequate time to make amends.

Ecto if your lynch mob comment was aimed at me then you are very wrong. I actually seldom post on here because the merest hint of criticism of Sheerin constructive or not is met with not a true fan, disloyal and other such nonsense.

People's opinions will differ but that doesn't make eiither more or less valid. Everyone has their own thoughts and people should be able to express them without being ridiculed etc. Isn't that the whole point of a forum ?

At the end of the day everyone posting on here should want what's best for the club. They just might not agree on how to achieve it.

P.s. Thanks Mr Refhater.

Still 17 games to be played - thats 51 points.

We are only 5 points behind Brechin and we have still to play them twice ( starting next week ).

Based on East Fife's performance today, they will soon get dragged into the relegation zone.

Brechin, Forfar and East Fife are all just points away from Arbroath.

We need to win our next home games against Brechin and Stenhousemuir and stop losing goals.

A few good, decent signings in January and we can stop this bad run of results.

Well said C.C.R.,

As you said 51 points to play for and it is up to Mr Sheerin to go out and buy 4/5 correct players to get us out the position we are in, he knows he is under pressure but as I said before the AFC Board and us fans surely owe him a bit of loyalty and his objective is (after the board give him the funds)to keep us in this division at the seasons end, if he fails to do this then yes that is the time to ask serious questions.

In Sheerin we trust.

Boy o Boy, busy busy forum regarding our MANAGER. Been on holiday over festive period just back and first game will be the Derby vs Brechin. Have been keeping track of the results and what i have noticed is we are getting beat (yes) but the defeats are always by the odd goal etc. As PS has said we maybe just need our luck to change, what i will say is Scott M not the answer for me, too many mistakes this season as i have stated in previous comments on this forum. Agree with AFC1320 Regarding a lightweight squad, we are definitely missing 4 or 5 seasoned pros not youngsters however if funds not available and guys from west coast etc not willing to travel up to angus what can Sheerin do. Trying not to repeat mysef but i did state after the Montrose cup game and later on in the season against the likes of Ayr United where we were blown away, i believe we are punching above our weight in this division with the squad we had. Losing Brian Kerr and Ricky Little were maybe bigger blows than we

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)