+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clough looks to return to similar surroundings...

Clough looks to return to similar surroundings...

Clough has eyes set on several Derby players who he will look to join him at Bramall Lane, Ben Davies, Johnny Russell, Conor Sammon, Jake Buxton and Mason Bennett are believed to be amongst his January targets.

Russell and Bucko need to stay for me, but I wouldn't be too concerned at losing any of the others.

re: Clough looks to return to similar surroundings...

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalFan
    Clough has eyes set on several Derby players who he will look to join him at Bramall Lane, Ben Davies, Johnny Russell, Conor Sammon, Jake Buxton and Mason Bennett are believed to be amongst his January targets.

Russell and Bucko need to stay for me, but I wouldn't be too concerned at losing any of the others.
    I would not let Mason Bennett go. He can have Davies. He's never been more than a League One player. I think Sammon will go elsewhere. Ipswich were rumoured to be after him. Clough should not expect any favours. The transfer market is a tough place.

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalFan

There is no way that I see Derby letting Sammon or Russell go to anyone without a return on, which by our standards, was a considerable investment.
    Sheffield United have no money, are in the lower reaches of League One and would not be able to match their current wages.
    If you were Sammon or Russell would you even contemplate dropping down a division when your current employers are in an automatic promotion spot with a chance of getting into the Premier League.
    Players who are on the fringe and are not even getting anywhere near the matchday squad are more likely to move on but not Sammon or Russell. McClaren will not be wea

Apparently Clough wants to take John Brayford to Bramall Lane.

Why would he want to go there?

this is all journalistic oppurtuism two and two make whatever number they want as long as they sell papers etc prime example alan Nixon talk out of his ass. calls himself a journalist needs to get a grip. as other posters point out here are a list of problems for Nigel
    1. they have no money
    2. why would Russell /sammon. drop down no way.
    3. us let Bennett go stop talking crap McLaren's too sensible.
    4 ben Davies yes .
    5 Buxton I think he's acting skipper playing best football he's played in our shirt so we are going to sell him to sheff utd for peanut give over stop believing what other crap site write.
    PS I think sammon may go but only for what we paid .

Quote Originally Posted by southernram22
    this is all journalistic oppurtuism two and two make whatever number they want as long as they sell papers etc prime example alan Nixon talk out of his ass. calls himself a journalist needs to get a grip. as other posters point out here are a list of problems for Nigel
    1. they have no money
    4 ben Davies yes .
    5 Buxton I think he's acting skipper playing best football he's played in our shirt so we are going to sell him to sheff utd for peanut give over stop believing what other crap site write.
    Actually it would appear that they actually have a lot of money, the stumbling block would appear to be the wage cap that the lower leagues are adhering to. - [url=http://www.givemesport.com/412659-sheffield-united-can-expect-big-things-under-new-ownership]view external link[/

Quote Originally Posted by southernram22
    1. they have no money
    4 ben Davies yes .
    Where did I say I believed it?

I'm just simply sharing info about DCFC that creates a topic for discussion, isn't thy what this sites about kid?

And according to their local papers Clough has a fair old amount to spend should he need it.

no like you I don't believe it. I was just putting my points over for discussion. would be interested in where the money has come from for them as most of there supporters think they are skint.

I think you'll find their new owners have indeed got money.

Some I'd gladly pay the taxi fare and to be fair Clough was interviewed the other day talking about wanting to sign certain players from Derby but that may have just been him winding the club up!!!

I agree that wages will be a problem due to the wage cap and if Rush is running the club properly, then he'd want top doller for the players mentioned, after all if you know the buyer has cash you bargain hard!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)