+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carlisle (H)

Carlisle (H)

Whats happening?

I don't have Player and I am an exile, so I only rely on Sky and contributors on Mad.

re: Carlisle (H)

Well Teammoo you will know by now. :-D
    Unfortunately the ongoing gremlins of the web site seemed to have been on the attack again last night.
    The scoreline was fair in that we were a much better side (although teams a lot worse than Carlisle have drubbed us this season), and the consolation rejoinder from them was a simple defensive mistake.
    Inman was a great MotM - energy, skill and a pivotal role in almost every attack - and, surprisingly for some, including me, Grant was also fantastic. My mate Fevver-Tox summed it up on the way back with his comment that: 'the whole team put a shift in'.
    Chuks goal, whilst superbly placed was almost comical in its casualness. It was as if he said to himself: "Sod this, and he nonchalantly flicked it out of reach of the goalie and unreachably into the net.
    Their goal was a travesty on two counts: 1. Harry Davis was immature and petulant to give the freekick away; and 2. the ref, who up to the last 20 minutes had had a fair game, was on stilts to mea

Just seen the highlights - and yes, ok, they are just that but Inman really looks up for it at the moment, a class act!
    Couple that with the reports on Grant, (who let's face it, will need to step up when/if Evans's loan ends), and it really feels like a new leaf has been turned.

A spring in my step to work today!

Be nice to get one on Steve Evans a week on Sat for 3 in a row!

[quote="AlexLeicester"]Well Teammoo you will know by now. :-D
    Unfortunately the ongoing gremlins of the web site seemed to have been on the attack again last night.
    The scoreline was fair in that we were a much better side (although teams a lot worse than Carlisle have drubbed us this season), and the consolation rejoinder from them was a simple defensive mistake.
    Inman was a great MotM - energy, skill and a pivotal role in almost every attack - and, surprisingly for some, including me, Grant was also fantastic. My mate Fevver-Tox summed it up on the way back with his comment that: 'the whole team put a shift in'.
    Chuks goal, whilst superbly placed was almost comical in its casualness. It was as if he said to himself: "Sod this, and he nonchalantly flicked it out of reach of the goalie and unreachably into the net.
    Their goal was a travesty on two counts: 1. Harry Davis was immature and petulant to give the freekick away; and 2. the ref, who up to the last 2

I've just read the interview with Kavanagh (Carlisle's manager) on a link on the Carlisle MAD site.
    Whilst I did not expect him to praise the Alex, he comes across as a very erudite and thoughtful guy. A long, long way from the interminable, ignorant and frequent 'y'knows' of a guy not too far from South Cheshire down the A500.

He also picked up on a few things that, on reflection, were spot on. He should, of course, said that Carlisle had no answer to Inman and Grant, nor Mesca on the other wing, all afternoon.

I thought that the referee was wrong in blowing up for the "foul" (which wasn't as the Alex defender played the ball) and a clean sheet would have then been the order of the day.

The referee tried his utmost to spoil what was a very exciting second half. They did have one very unlucky effort, that clipped the post and rebounded back into play at the beginning of the second 45. However, we outplayed them, with Inman, Aneke and Mesca performing heroics. Yes, Grant put a shift in and in fact it was a pleasing all round team effort. What a pity that Inman had not got his head straight from the moment he arrived back in town. I had forgotten what a powerful player he is. The way he out muscled the Cumbrians was a joy to watch.

My only fear now is that the departure of Hitch and Mesca could be a big blow to our recovery. During the 6 games they have been part of the team, our form has improved significantly. We need to make a further application to get these two back, ASAP.

I cant understand why people are getting carried away re Mesca, I thought he was our most ineffectual player last Saturday and every game I have seen him to be honest. Not once has have I seen him beat the full back with skill and pace, in fact his final ball has been awful.

I am not saying Byron always beats his man but he is far better and more experienced than Mesca and I would prefer him in the team anyday. I have heard that Mesca is on high wages so send him back to Fulham, the sooner the better.

Tom Hitchcock is worth his place being an excellent finisher, need others to play the ball into him though.

I agree with the above , thought Inman was excellent last Saturday and Grant worked hard. Davies and Grant had what appeared to be a heated discussion on the sidelines during the second half, not sure what it was about.

I've not heard anyone getting carried away with him. The general consensus appears to be that he does need to improve his end product. Steve has said this himself.

What he brings to the team is that he gets us up the other end of the pitch quickly. Therefore, we're spending more time in the opponents third than we do in our own. Therefore, more time attacking than defending.

Whilst I wouldn't be gutted to see him go back, I'm happy enough with him being in the team while he's here.

'Hitch' on the other hand, we need to keep for as long as we can. He's formed a good partnership with chucks and and back him to take a chance more often than not.

What I like about Mesca is that when he is on that wing he occupies a couple of defenders and, if a cross does go over, that's two less for Hitch to worry about.

I would feel a bit happier if we got Coco and Pogs back and firing on all cylinders, for no other reason than 'they are ours'. That is no disrespect for any of the loanees: I just want Alex lads to do well.
    Chuks is an 'Alex lad' all season so in my perception is 'one of ours'.

Disappointed with the referee second half. He reffed the second leg of the play offs at Southend and was extremely even, and was the same in the away game at Preston last season. That wall was 15 yards at least!