+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only ourselves to blame

re: Only ourselves to blame

Played well in first but as usually came out in 2nd not wanting it.

Arnie peed me right off today, he needs a rocket up his behind.

It will do Morgan some good being sent off ( it was only a matter of time) ,I've said he hasn't been his best in the last 4 out of 5 games.

No it was not a penalty, outside the box.

Thought the ref wasn't too bad.

SE said O'Connor will never take a pen again (has he fell out with him now) but when Agard missed a pen it was a different story, I'm I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by northy69
    Why did milsom get subbed him and frecks bossed midfield first half
    Quite clear to us in WS3 he was struggling to run.[/quote]

Thought Milsom wasn't too bad apart from over hitting the ball

Quote Originally Posted by ExeterMiller
    I thought we showed our quality in the first half. We were inventive, and crafted plenty of opportunities, but for an awesome save and a glaring Agard miss against the keepers legs,
    That was Tavernier. To be fair, it all seemed to happen in slow motion; he had too much time to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop
    Played well in first but as usually came out in 2nd not wanting it.

Arnie peed me right off today, he needs a rocket up his behind.

It will do Morgan some good being sent off ( it was only a matter of time) ,I've said he hasn't been his best in the last 4 out of 5 games.

No it was not a penalty, outside the box.

Thought the ref wasn't too bad.

SE said O'Connor will never take a pen again (has he fell out with him now) but when Agard missed a pen it was a different story, I'm I missing something?
    And also, if im allowed to say it, nardiello would have scored it...mind you, if he was here, hed probably be on the bench...

My thoughts:

In extremely awkward conditions I thought the ref had a very good first half, allowing for slips and allowed to let the game flow. In the second half he was more picky but I think he got both penalty claims right and the sending off was obvious. The fact that he was outside the box was down to the linesman being poor. I don't think the ref favoured any team.

First half it could have been 7 - 0 but it wasn't. Second half, well I just think Coventry were hungrier for the points. They certainly deserved a point and probably deserved all 3.

I don't know why everyone is having a dig at Arnie, he anticipated quite a few passes and made some good headers and interceptions. He had a few bad passes but who didn't?

Morgan would have been better leaving the last man to have a shot on the keeper. He may have saved it - you never know.

Before he subbed Milsom it was obvious that a sub was needed, personally I thought Vuckic for O'Connor to shore up
    the midfield, which was getting

Don't know why O Connor is getting so much stick for missing the penalty, from where I was sat in North Stand he hammered it nine times out of ten its a goal, the keepers made a great save, its not like he's just strolled up to the ball and chipped it, bit much if true what Evans has said about not taking another penalty

Did you not watch what the goalkeeper was doing before O'Connor took it? - their keeper was using mind games and his body to make O'Connor think he was going to dive the other way (I know because I've done it in 5 a side & saved a lot than been scored). Their keeper was only going to go one direction, and O'Connor fell for it hook, line and sinker. A player of his quality / experience should not let a goalkeeper control that situation

Nah mate, the striker chooses the side, not the goalie. The goalie just guesses - and perhaps tries to influence the direction. In reality a decent penalty and well saved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12