+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Todays game vs Wigan

Todays game vs Wigan

In a funny way todays loss may well show up some of our weaknesses just in time for the January window, ok we could of and should of won it near the end with 3 or 4 chances that were harder to miss than score but sometimes thats how it goes. My concern is that when we come accross a team that doesn't let us play our passing game we look lost and any chance we get in the box like tday 1-0 down we get excited, rush and we panic

Wigan seemed to be happy playing for a draw but once they scored parked the bus or so it seemed on the radio.

Shame to lose especially since Burnley, Leicester and QPR won, even notts forrest managed to win but 4th is still good and a strong position to crack on from, lets hope we get some quality in January

EDIT, didn't realise forrest drew , serves me right for storming off in a huff before results were in, oh well every cloud and all that

re: Todays game vs Wigan

Today went as I expected, and have thought this type of game has been due since Blackpool.

I'd of liked a change of shape really early on today. Wigan obv came to do a job on us, and it seemed pretty clear after 20-25 mins that it was working.

Soon as Sammon came on and we changed to a more 4-4-2 shape, we were more of a threat.

Easy to say with hindsight, but I've wanted us to change shape before we got found out, be pro-active and keep the opposition managers guessing. Maybe in Jan window we will add players to give us options to do this SMc feel we lack at the minute?

How we bounce back now, is the issue. Very bad time to be playing Leicester and Burnley though. Think next 9 games will let us know where we are in terms of being real automatic contenders.

The wind didn't help, but we played ****e today. People saying Wigan did a job? I thought Wigan were pathetic! They time wasted and fouled all the way through the game. Our players didn't move or get into space, if they had played half decent we would have murdered Wigan, they were ****!

I hope we never get Rosler as a manager. That was the most boring pathetic sack of crap I have ever seen.

They might have been crap and pathetic, but they still beat us, 3 points to them.

We were to predictable, this result has been coming for a few games, we haven't exactly been playing well lately, and have been hanging on towards the end of the last couple of matches.

We played a team that played to their strengths and cancelled ours out, as in the last couple of matches, we should have changed the formation sooner, we are becoming 1 dimensional, plan A and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by sheeeeeeeeeep
    The wind didn't help, but we played ****e today. People saying Wigan did a job? I thought Wigan were pathetic! They time wasted and fouled all the way through the game. Our players didn't move or get into space, if they had played half decent we would have murdered Wigan, they were ****!

I hope we never get Rosler as a manager. That was the most boring pathetic sack of crap I have ever seen.
    I told you we rode our luck at Barnsley an you wouldn't have it. Even tho player and management said as much too! And today we got the other end of that. Even at three nil up at their place they were unlucky not to get something out of us so this was always going to be a tough one.

Add to that these are the games that I have been talking about against stronger opposition. It's ok to get over excited at beating your Doncasters, Barnsleys and Bournemouths but it's these teams and the likes of QPR, Burnley etc you need to beat to show any

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea

I told you we rode our luck at Barnsley an you wouldn't have it. Even tho player and management said as much too! And today we got the other end of that. Even at three nil up at their place they were unlucky not to get something out of us so this was always going to be a tough one.

Add to that these are the games that I have been talking about against stronger opposition. It's ok to get over excited at beating your Doncasters, Barnsleys and Bournemouths but it's these teams and the likes of Q

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam
    In a funny way todays loss may well show up some of our weaknesses just in time for the January window, ok we could of and should of won it near the end with 3 or 4 chances that were harder to miss than score but sometimes thats how it goes. My concern is that when we come accross a team that doesn't let us play our passing game we look lost and any chance we get in the box like tday 1-0 down we get excited, rush and we panic

Wigan seemed to be happy playing for a draw but once they scored parked the bus or so it seemed on the radio.

Shame to lose especially since Burnley, Leicester and QPR won, even notts forrest managed to win but 4th is still good and a strong position to crack on from, lets hope we get some quality in January

EDIT, didn't realise forrest drew , serves me right for storming off in a huff before results were in, oh well every cloud and all that
    I agree that today's result was coming. It was indeed obvi

Add to that these are the games that I have been talking about against stronger opposition. It's ok to get over excited at beating your Doncasters, Barnsleys and Bournemouths but it's these teams and the likes of Q

Quote Originally Posted by Toggles

Add to that these are the games that I have been talking about against stronger opposition. It's ok to get over excited at beating your Doncasters, Barnsleys and Bournem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)