Get your very own personalised Stand Free Forum gifts!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just back fae the humping

re: Just back fae the humping

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Peter P is the closest we have had to Eion Jess since ... Eion Jess!

And he is still not the finished article. Once he realises how good he is and has more belief in himself just watch what he is capable of!

Happy f------g days!

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins
    What a bounce for the winner - I wont thank him when I wake up in pain tomorrow morning but to the guy about 20 stone who jumped on my back at the winner - thanks!!!

A totally dominant performance which didn't get the scoreline it deserved thanks to Utd's Polish keeper having a very good game.

Thought Reynolds, Anderson, Flood and Jack were excellent but the star of the show was Peter Pawlett baby, Peter Pawlett oh oh oh oh - immense and the way he is going surely a huge contender for Dons player of the year? Thought it was justice he got the winner although it would have been much funnier if ShiftKey's header had gone in for an own goal.

How on earth did so many smoke bombs get in the ground - I was patted down by the stewards before entering the Shed and I assume everyone else (apart from the children) did?
    Decent summation.

The question shouldn't be "how" did the

Thoroughly enjoyable today.

I think players, management and fans alike had been looking forward to this one, given the hype afforded to our opponents by PJMs and media alike in recent months.

Felt like old times with Tannadice almost full and the rain and floodlights just added to the festive atmosphere in the otherwise dreich city of Dundee...didn't even mind getting soaked due to being three rows from the front.

Basically the team had their game heads on here - controlled the first half, but again the frustration was the final ball and some wasteful set plays.
    However, if the key aim was to keep the Brazil 1970 clones quiet it was achieved.

Second half we offered more goal threat, but in that fkin typical of watching AFC kind of way, our keeper seemed to flap at a corner (though need to see again) and daylight robbery was on with the otherwise jittery Luthermuir loon notching.

Collum was then lenient with their midfielder who wiped out Pawlett's ankle for a clear second yellow,

Quote Originally Posted by Simmie4
    What a bounce for the winner - I wont thank him when I wake up in pain tomorrow morning but to the guy about 20 stone who jumped on my back at the winner - thanks!!!

A totally dominant performance which didn't get the scoreline it deserved thanks to Utd's Polish keeper having a very good game.

Thought Reynolds, Anderson, Flood and Jack were excellent but the star of the show was Peter Pawlett baby, Peter Pawlett oh oh oh oh - immense and the way he is going surely a huge contender for Dons player of the year? Thought it was justice he got the winner although it would have been much funnier if ShiftKey's header had gone in for an own goal.

How on earth did so many smoke bombs get in the ground - I was patted down by the stewards before entering the Shed and I assume everyone else (apart from the children) did?
    Decent summat

[quote="gabd"]What a bounce for the winner - I wont thank him when I wake up in pain tomorrow morning but to the guy about 20 stone who jumped on my back at the winner - thanks!!!

How on earth did so many smoke bombs get in the ground - I was patted down by the stewards before entering the Shed and I assume everyone else (apart from

I agree re flares smoke bombs etc., what the f#%^* do they bring to a game ====absolutely nothing

Personally me and my mates had a great party and were all pist and sang our old hearts out and no one lit a thing and we also booed the infamous song about someone lying at pittodrie it really is pathetic now

Game sounded magnificent. This team has real potential that's for sure.

The flare/smoke bomb situation is giving me a real problem. One of my sons won't come to games because of it; he has overanalysed it, as kids can, and the linesman being hit down south a few weeks back set his opinion on matters. He has refused to come to the league cup semi and is adamant he won't go to the final if we get there. I'm chipping away with reminders of duration since we won something or even made a final, but if it becomes relevant I have a job to do in convincing him.
    No, not a fan of the smoke bombs at all it has to be said.

Why argue about this smokebomb stuff on the 'Just Back From The Game' thread on a victory like this.

It's minor detail really in the scheme of things...

Quote Originally Posted by CoveKreep
    Why argue about this smokebomb stuff on the 'Just Back From The Game' thread on a victory like this.

It's minor detail really in the scheme of things...
    If you think it's a minor detail then that's what forums are about personally it was what concerned me most after we left the stadium. I would just like 1 of the flare smoke carriers to come on and justify why they do it can't they see the damage it does to the club fans reputation. Ffs we had a brilliant support there today and some clowns ruin it by letting off stinking smoke get a feckin grip lads. And leave the anti 'the rangers' songs till we r playing them

Quote Originally Posted by Redrebel
    If you think it's a minor detail then that's what forums are about personally it was what concerned me most after we left the stadium.
    Fair enough, but these threads are normally about the game itself - maybe take this issue on to another thread, would be a shame if the putting the jutes in their place thread was dominated by negative energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrebel
    And leave the anti 'the rangers' songs till we r playing them
    Impossible, they don't exist anymore.

[quote="gabd"]What a bounce for the winner - I wont thank him when I wake up in pain tomorrow morning but to the guy about 20 stone who jumped on my back at the winner - thanks!!!

How on earth did so many smoke bombs get in the ground - I was patted down by the stewards before entering the Shed and I assume everyone else (apart from

It's the first time I've sat in the Fair Play upper, just about on half way and I've got to say it was a nice change from the Shed. A far better view obviously.

We settled well with Jack, Robson and Flood hunting in packs and pressing them high up the pitch in the same manner they used to do against us at Tannadice when Gomis, Bauben and Robson were in their ranks.

I enjoyed the first half and thought there was some good passages of play from both teams. Football was prevailing and aimless punts were few and far between in appalling weather conditions.

We started the second half on the front foot then the liability goes walk about and we're one down. We then had a shaky three or four minutes after the goal where we lost our composure but settled again. I said to my brother that if we continued playing the way we were then we'd get back on terms.

Robson's penalty was a stonewaller and first class in both his dispatching of it and his celebrations.

The winner was deserved on the bal

First time post from a long time lurker. Decided to finally sign up and get involved.

Yesterday was brilliant, quality and professional performance from a group of committed players. Only downside from our point of view was conceding due to Langfield flapping at the corner, he's done that a couple of times recently and hopefully cuts it out as other than that he is solid enough (if unspectacular).

Difficult to pick a top Don, Reynolds and Anderson strolled it against these apparently Real Madrid and Man U bound wonderkids. Hayes put in a hell of a shift at LB even if he was a bit quiet going forward, Hector hardly put a foot wrong. Robson was sheer class and Flood just never stopped working and won just about every 2nd ball in midfield (even if he was a bit lucky to stay on the park after his challenge on Mackay-Steven). However, I think Pawlett just about edged it. Every time he got the ball he either skinned his man or was fouled in the process, was desperately unlucky to come up a

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney77

The flare/smoke bomb situation is giving me a real problem. One of my sons won't come to games because of it; he has overanalysed it, as kids can, and the linesman being hit down south a few weeks back set his opinion on matters. He has refused to come to the league cup semi and is adamant he won't go to the final if we get there. I'm chipping away with reminders of duration since we won something or even made a final, but if it becomes relevant I have a job to do in convincing him.
    We had our 7 yo nephew at the game yesterday and the smoke bombs never bothered him in the slightest despite one being let off a few rows behind him. Maybe your loon needs to toughen up a bit and stop being such a big Jessie. Far more dangerous things in the world than a couple of smoke bombs at the fitba

[quote="Simmie4"]What a bounce for the winner - I wont thank him when I wake up in pain tomorrow morning but to the guy about 20 stone who jumped on my back at the winner - thanks!!!

How on earth did so many smoke bombs get in the ground - I was patted down by the stewards before entering th

[quote="Simmie4"]What a bounce for the winner - I wont thank him when I wake up in pain tomorrow morning but to the guy about 20 stone who jumped on my back at the winner - thanks!!!

How on earth did so many smoke bombs get in the ground - I was patted down by the stewards before entering th

Quote Originally Posted by Simmie4

We had our 7 yo nephew at the game yesterday and the smoke bombs never bothered him in the slightest despite one being let off a few rows behind him. Maybe your loon needs to toughen up a bit and stop being such a big Jessie. Far more dangerous things in the world than a couple

turnintae another titters ye not threed ..

what if this forum existed pre say 92? na best try nae think about that

[quote="_WOOOOSH_"]What a bounce for the winner - I wont thank him when I wake up in pain tomorrow morning but to the guy about 20 stone who jumped on my back at the winner - thanks!!!

How on earth did so many smoke bombs get in the ground - I was

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast