+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still raging

Still raging

Having left at 2-1 which is very unlike me, so missing all the injury time drama, I had a pint in the pub then headed home and have had a couple of hours to calm down but I'm still really angry. As generally one of the most positive people on this board in general 9 times out of 10 I have to get this off my chest.

What on earth was that in the second half? After dominating much of the first half yet missing more chances to have the game sewn up, we came out like a totally different side within 15 minutes. Disjointed, fragile, playing with absolutely no confidence whatsover and we let a bunch of hardworking kids, which is all Coventry were today, run us ragged.

We stopped playing any football, hoofing it upto Revs who won a fair bit but Vuckic was a waste of time today and simply stood there looking at the ball instead of trying to get into some space or anticipate anything. We sat deeper and deeper and looked frightened which was ridiculously worrying.

The less said about their pen

re: Still raging

No Deano you're not being over critical just saying it as it was.The first half we were superb and unfortunate not to go in three up.
    Second half we were like a pub team and a shambles and got what we deserved.
    The second half performance was totally unacceptable.As for the sending off agree he had to go,Morgan got caught for lack of pace.Inside the box or outside he deserved his red card.

UTM.

You have got it spot on Deano,i can take a defeat,its the manner how we get beat,and to get done in that way,is totally unacceptable.

What makes me smile is this,a lot of people on here have gone a long with the rollarcoaster ride & IMO lost sight of the true facts,yes we have done well very well but the fact remains we have wanted a goal scorer now for all the time S/E as been with us,he farted about chasing Tubbs for god knows how long,let Nards go & like him are not he scored goals & he was ours not a loan player that scores a few then goes back like Dicko.

Not much of a consolation but Morgan will only miss one game I think.

I think the conditions played a major part today. That first half wasn't pretty but it was certainly effective and I put that down to the wind holding the ball up. We should have tried to play it more on the ground in the second half but without Pringle and with two big lads up front that was never going to happen.

I would have brought O'Connor on for Vukic and sat him and Milsom in midfield to stifle them with Agard moving up front.

(fifth attempt to post this)

The only slightly mitigating excuse/reason I can come up with is that the after effects of the "sickness bug" have taken their toll on energy levels in the squad, and combined with the lack of Pringle's energy we ran out of steam.

I didn't go to today's game but it sounded bizarre on millers player.

I'm wondering if there are a number of players suffering the after effects of the virus circulating around the club? Perhaps they ran out of gas in the second half as a consequence?

As you say Deano, it may be just as well we have 10 days to re-group...

Taking this bug into account, we looked fine going in at half time. Within 15 minutes interval there was a total change, that's not down to illness. Running out of steam in the final 20 I can understand but it wasn't that today.

The other games this season we've dropped ever so deep in, have followed similar patterns.

We are a work in progress and I think we all know that, but we just collapsed after half time having been so comfortable.

The belief wasn't there. Coventry aren't in the Premier league anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinRUFC
    (fifth attempt to post this)

The only slightly mitigating excuse/reason I can come up with is that the after effects of the "sickness bug" have taken their toll on energy levels in the squad, and combined with the lack of Pringle's energy we ran out of steam.
    Certainly missed Pringle today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast