+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Men against boys...

Men against boys...

So we lost to one of the top teams in Europe. No real shame in that, but disappointment in the manner of the defeat.

We entered the field scared. Somehow, JM had us beat before a ball was even kicked. Our fast flowing, high tempo, attacking style of football was replaced with a style that did nothing but heap praise and respect on a decent, but beatable, Chelski team.

We were second best to everything throughout and from memory only tested Cech once, and that wasn't a real effort.

I'm not sure what MP said to the lads before today, but it was a bad day in the office for all concerned. As a season ticket holder I don't expect to see such a shameful performance again this season.

In MP and NC we trust. COYS

On a lighter note, at least our charity thieving sh1t sack neighbours took another giant step towards the Skrill today so well done to Southend

re: Men against boys...

On the box it came over very much the same as you say for the first 10 - 15 minutes. After that we seemed to be more in the game and by the start of the 2nd half forced Chelsea into a double substitution, diving, fouls and the odd card but their bench is very strong and the double substitution was more than enough. Once the first goal went in we were done for.

Oh yeah, nearly forgot. Best bit of commentary. As JWP makes his way onto the pitch;

Commentator; Mention it quietly around these parts but rumour has it that some of his relatives might be P**pey supporters.

C0-Commentator; Well nobody is perfect.

Thought first half was pretty even tbh, and we had a few chances to take the lead, but second half we were totally outclassed. Hardly surprising mind when they can bring on the likes of Oscar and Willian off the bench, we just can't compete with that.

They were very good after half time, which makes it even more depressing that they had to resort to so much diving, Eden Hazard was the worst culprit, lost count of how many times he fell over.

All in all a bad day at the office. Poor performance on the pitch, rubbish support off it, just a day to forget. It's a shame we have fallen so far out of touch with the teams above us although not unexpected, just feel like the squad looks a bit tired atm and needs some fresh impetus.

I did seem to sense that the commentator was willing Chelsea to win with certain remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer
    Oh yeah, nearly forgot. Best bit of commentary. As JWP makes his way onto the pitch;

Commentator; Mention it quietly around these parts but rumour has it that some of his relatives might be P**pey supporters.

HNY Proc.

You do know that the commentator (Ian Darke) is a Pompey fan too don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyweasel

our charity thieving sh1t sack neighbours
    Please get some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Prinz_Eugen

our charity thieving sh1t sack neighbours
    Please get some help.[/quote]

With what?

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart

HNY Proc.

You do know that the commentator (Ian Darke) is a Pompey fan too don't you?[/quote]

No I didn't but it was the co-commenter that made me laugh. I think it might have been Gary McAllister? If so I can't remember him having any connections with the dark side?

Bit slow there. Jast worked out what HYN was.

Likewise chiswickmart .