+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Highlights are up

re: Highlights are up

Certainly there have been red cards for lessss, but Flood got a yellow card and by the letter of the law of merited nothing more. It was cynical, calculated and deliberate, but there was no recklessness, no prevention of an obvious goalscoring opportunity, nor was it a challenge with undue force.

It's a bit disappointing that we dont see Paton's foul. Maybe the BBC will get it in their edit.

I think what the Flood and Anderson incidents, and possibly even the penalty, do prove is that we really need to stop with the Celtic-esque 'poor us' routine that often rears it's ugly head on this message board after a defeat.

Yes, the standard of refereeing is poor in Scotland, but the truth is everyone gets their fair share of poor decisions, except Celtic (and the dead club) of course.

I'm fed up of hearing how hard done by we were after a defeat, it makes us sound like victims. When we lose, it's best just to suck it up and move on, in my opinion.

Anderson's momentum carries him into the keeper. Not his fault the boy couldn't get up quicker...

Pitch - take 2 incidents.

Shauny sending off at Motherwell.

Flood yellow card at Tannadice.

Why did one deserve a sending off and the other a yellow card? Not having a go, just interested in your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastDon
    Pitch - take 2 incidents.

Shauny sending off at Motherwell.

Flood yellow card at Tannadice.

Why did one deserve a sending off and the other a yellow card? Not having a go, just interested in your opinion.
    That's exactly my point - the refereeing is inconsistent, but it's the same for everyone.

I'm not saying Flood deserved to be sent off I'm just saying that on one day it could happen and on another it couldn't.

That points to sh1te refereeing but not bias.

Joes takle at Motherwell was dangerous. You could tell straight away it was a red.

Floods tackle yesterday was funny

"It's a funny ol' game"!

When we win (and that normally means we play well, or at least better than the opposition) the referee's performance is usually good/acceptable.

But when we get beat (and miss ump**** gilt edged goal scoring opportunities - e.g. Hertz & Motherwell) the referee's performance is crap.

Can't put my finger on why that should be.

Floods booking was just stupid. No need so early in game. Thankfully he played well in rest of game and managed to avoid another yellow.

Nothing in the Anderson on their keeper when the goal went in.

Just a momentum thing which neither player could do anything about.

If a foul was given for that sort of clash the foul count in games would increase dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by ReDBeaM
    Floods booking was just stupid. No need so early in game. Thankfully he played well in rest of game and managed to avoid another yellow.
    It was a great booking, by all accounts, PJM included, the OTP hid in his shell for the remainder of the game. Seen mentioned elsewhere, it shows the confidence our manager has in Flood by resisting any temptation to sub him off regardless of the early booking.

Great tackle.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast