+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Highlights are up

re: Highlights are up

Quote Originally Posted by TheAngusBull
    Nothing in the Anderson on their keeper when the goal went in.

Just a momentum thing which neither player could do anything about.

If a foul was given for that sort of clash the foul count in games would increase dramatically.
    I think Russell deserves a bit more credit than that. Whilst I agree that his momentum led to him being there in the first place he dithers a bit, purposefully obstructing the keeper though such is his experience he's done it in a way that looks innocuous hence why the ref hasn't blown up!

Well played Ando John Terry did something similar against portugal in a quarter final for England allowing Sol Campbell to score but it was ruled out.

Quote Originally Posted by milne_afc
    Floods booking was just stupid. No need so early in game. Thankfully he played well in rest of game and managed to avoid another yellow.
    It was a great booking, by all accounts, PJM included, the OTP hid in his shell for the remainder of the game. Seen mentioned elsewhere, it shows the confidence our manager has in Flood by resisting any temptation to sub him off regardless of the early booking.

Great tackle. [/quote]

Confirms it , it was a stupid booking.

The stats don't lie.

Possession ~ 57% to us 43% to them

Shots ~ 12 to us 4 to them

Goals ~ 2 to us 1 to them

Barcelona utd my erse.

The Matalan Catalans.

Beeb highlights now up.

Have to be honest and say I don't think Paton's elbow was a straight red. - view external link

Referees always have been, and always will be, inconsistent. Any situation looks different from different angles, so a lot depends on the position of the ref relative to the incident. Add to that the fact that despite all indications to the contrary, refs are in fact human. That means that what their eyes see gets interpreted by what, in some cases, passes for a brain. End result, different people see the same thing in completely different ways.

Add to that, possible bias. Lets be fair here. For anyone to want to become a ref they must have an interest in football. Logically that means they tend to be more in favour of some teams than they are of others. While they may try to suppress that, and in some cases that is debatable, it is probably not possible to be 100% unbiased in all games.

Also because they are human, they probably like some players and dislike others. So inconsistency is here to stay for a variety of reasons.

I can't really agree that when we win we usually tend to s

Beeb highlights now up.

Have to be honest and say I don't think Paton's elbow was a straight red.
    He'd already been booked, so a second yellow would have seen him sent off...

Quote Originally Posted by deedon
    Beeb highlights now up.

He'd already been booked, so a second yellow would have seen him sent off...[/quote]

Thought the yellow was for the elbow incident?

He could have easily gone for another yellow for the foul on Pawlett. Then again Flood was lucky not to be carded a second time for a foul after the equaliser.

Whisper this - not just because we won but is it maybe the case that Collum was okay yesterday on most of the big calls?

Beeb highlights now up.

He'd already been booked, so a second yellow would have seen him sent off...[/quote]

Thought the yellow was for the elbow incident?

He could have easily gone for another yellow for the foul on Pawlett. Then again Flood was lucky not to be carded a second time for a foul after the equaliser.

Whisper this - not just because we won but is it maybe the case that Collum was okay yesterday on most of the big calls?[/quote]

The fat boy Paton should definitely have had 2 yellows. No doubt about it.
    Collum bottled it, and probably what helped fat boy was that the play carried on and Aberdeen had the ball.
    He should still have got a yellow when play stopped - you can tell Paton thought he was walking by his immediate reaction.
    Flood's was a d

Does that no-mark Graham get an assist for the winner?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast