+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Moyes furious over penalty decisions

Moyes furious over penalty decisions

... especially Lloris on Young!

Yes, a defo pen in that case but having watched MOTD last night, I cannot believe no-one was saying you reap what you sow!?

Oh! and by the way, there is no hidden joke in there, in case it reads that way. I'm just laughing at the hypocrisy because of the fact that it's Ashley Young of all people. I couldn't think of a more deserving case! - view external link

re: Moyes furious over penalty decisions

I watched the game on MOTD without knowing the score and before this incident MU had enough chances to have won the game comfortably. Moyes need address his anger at his players who missed numerous chances. I think it was not a penalty as the ball was away from the MU player and he would not have got to it.If the ref was to give penalties for holding in the area it would end up often as a 5 v5 then managers would be moaning. It is great to see the mighty oak in decline though and long may it continue !! I await responses

I agree Ashley Young had it coming, some of his diving is ridiculous. However I think a key factor behind all the diving is the fact that refs only blow up if you hit the deck. They never give fouls if you stay on your feet even obvious ones.

Also I dont think it would be a problem if a match ended 5 v 5 - you wouldnt get many of these before players would have to change their ways. In my eyes a foul is a foul simples, blow up and give a free kick. If someone has a handful of shirt at a corner, give a pen. It would soon stop. Ok, Skrtl might lose a career but so what!

Finally to say it isnt a foul because the ball has gone is just wrong isn't it? If that is the case I'll tell all my lads to kick the oppo when the ball is at the other end of the pitch as it cant be a foul. An example is the challenge on Duggy at Carlisle when the ref stopped Olivers goal. A pen all day long even though the ball had gone. He got demolished! But maybe you're right as the ref didn't give it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roebuck
    Finally to say it isnt a foul because the ball has gone is just wrong isn't it?

Roebuck, I couldn't agree any more if I tried.
    An extension of that is the shielding of the ball by a defender, (MAKING NO ATTEMPT TO PLAY THE GOD-DAMN THING!), before it goes out for a goal-kick. Anywhere else on the pitch? - obstruction!! Annoys the hell out of me that one!

And your point about giving free kicks, blowing up for shirt pulls, 5 vs 5 - indeed, so what! You break the rules, you suffer the consequences. Unfortunately, and I don't personally like having a pop at referees, there aren't enough of them out there strong enough to apply the letter of the law - some do, many don't - and that's just the start of one of the many pundits' gripes - refereeing inconsistencies!! But refs are all humans, different opinions, different interpretations - inconsistencies are inevitable until robots take over!!

Sorry, going off topic now. Young is a

I have a feeling that deep down refs and the authorities in general were a bit scared of SAF, but they are not so scared of Moyes. So Man Utd don't have quite as many of the close decisions going their way as they used to.
    A test of this hypothesis could be done at the end of the season by looking at the number of extra minutes Man Utd get at the end of games when they are behind this season compared with last, when Fergie Time was still in operation.
    I'm not saying anyone is corrupt, just that these subconscious things may influence decision-making in contentious and ambiguous circumstances.

Always amusing to watch Man Utd players troop off bewildered after another home defeat. Though when it's every week it begins to lose its impact!

Can't remember his,but a Chelsea player got booked for a blatant dive in penalty area at Derby on Sunday.

Think it was Oscar.