+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The bubble has burst

re: The bubble has burst

My New Year's Resolution has been to ignore Ratposts so I will not rise to the bait, unless it's Warfarin. I urge everyone to do the same and see who holds out the longest.

So... you are quite right Ratty.

I will second that!

Back to topic - not long ago the excuse from our then managers lips would ahve been what do you expect against an ex prem team with parachute payments - so it was refreshing to hear McClaren's honest assessment after the match.

Anyone who really thought we were invincible and that form wouldn't drop at sometime was in cloud cuckoo land. The current coaching team have done wonders with the current squad plus the shrewd acquisition of a couple of quality loans.

Whilst there has been some hype about Hughes, it was experienced knowlegeable people in football who were praising his quality not just Derby fans, but give the guy a break he is young, has been ill and has played a lot of football every player even Messi and Rooney have poor form!!!

we are all entitled to our view but I would much rather lose one game be fourth have wisdom/keane/bamford in our shirts than sit mid table looking over our shoulders and trying to bring someone we have never heard of in on loan.and if we win half our second half games will be in play offs

As each game has passed, me and the old work buddies have been saying things like, we should get a point in this match, we might be lucky to scrape a win here, we will defo lose this match.

Each time we kept winning, picking up points none of us expected.

What we have done is bought ourselves a little cushion!

There is no way on this earth we will make automatic promotion this year, not with teams like Leicester, QPR and dare I say it, Forest about.

We have very tough months in January and Feb to come, I can only see a point here and maybe 3 points against Yeovil and Bournemouth.

As long as come the end of Feb we are still in the top 6, we should be in a position to push for a defo top 6 place.

McLaren excites me no end, we have almost secured all of our loan signings and it is only 2nd Jan, as well as signing Bamford.

If McLaren can then bring in one or two more gems, which I expect, we could be in for a cracking second half of the season.

At the beginning of this season the t

Light the blue touch paper and stand back!!!!!

You have hit on a number of issues that some on here will not have questioned.

1. Performances have been great because we are invincible and not because we have been playing less able opposition. That is it and can not be questioned. we will even thump cChelsea by 10 they will have you believe.

2. The current management can do no wrong. Nothing the do or say is wrong even if it results in the loss of points or is clear to a blind man.

3. The holy grail Will Hughes is the best footballer known to man. Everything he does is sublime and Pele, Messi and co just sit at home and wonder if they could ever aspire to such heights. To say otherwise is heresy and you will be either burnt at the stake or censored and called every under the sun for saying otherwise!

""I do wonder if some people actually watch the games?""

But simply I dont know if you can say the bubble has burst as was there ever really one. the next few games I think

I don't think many on here do!!

Too harsh to mention bubbles bursting. More of a disappointing setback. We were going to lose at some point and this may help us to refocus for Chelsea.

[quote="ramspride"]Light the blue touch paper and stand back!!!!!

1. Performances have been great because we are invincible and not because we have been playing less able opposition. That is it and can not be questioned. we will even thump cChelsea by 10 they will have you believe.

2. The current management can do no wrong. Nothing the do or say is wrong even if it results in the loss of points or is clear to a blind man.

3. The holy grail Will Hughes is the best footballer known to man. Everything he does is sublime and Pele, Messi and co just sit at home and wonder if they could ever aspire to such heights. To say otherwise is heresy and you will be either burnt at the stake or censored and called every under the sun for saying otherwise!

But simply I dont know if you can say the bubble has burst as was the

[quote="Rattea"]Light the blue touch paper and stand back!!!!!

But simply I dont know if

he really does have zero self awareness doesn't he

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)