+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The bubble has burst

re: The bubble has burst

This thread has gone right off topic..
    If we are resorting to pettiness get BStand on here and I can join in..

Apart from the title, the OP has some valid points.. Were we as good as our form/results suggested? No.. We had a good run of winnable games and took advantage, sometimes by luck.

We now have a run of very difficult games and I always had Wigan in there.. We could quite easily go 4 or 5 without a win.

We need to start to put 90 mins of football together before we are considered automatic promotion contenders.. We still have long periods in games where we are not just on the back foot but really rocking. Let's be honest we were lucky to get out of Huddersfield with a point from being in a VERY strong position.

It is all still work in progress.. Lets see how we cope with a set back. I was looking forward to Chelsea on Sunday but now I fear another loss there and then Fester, we could be 3 losses on the trot.

Not panicking though. Will Hughes is better than that

Every good run comes to an end, now we get to see how good this team really is. If we bounce back in our next league game that'd be a huge positive and top 6 would seem pretty a lot more likely.If we can keep a bit of consistency the skies the limit because we haven't had that in about 6 years

[quote="Rattea"]Things are no longer looking good for us.

After the run of consecutive wins came to an end on Boxing Day, and now the unbeaten run came to an end yesterday, we have the daunting prospect of two consecutive drubbings to follow. Firstly Chelsea will be far too strong for us to live with, no matter which team they turn out, and then Leicester will run up a hat full against us as they have on the last two occasions.

We need to strengthen the team at left back where Craig Forsyth is not the answer, centre half if we can’t extend the loan of Michael Keane (David Moyes has indicated that he is going to recall loanees) and provide cover at Centre Forward where Chris Martin is on 4 yellow cards.

What is equally worrying is the injury to Craig Bryson, and the decline in form of Jamie Ward and even more so that of Will Hughes. Ward can no longer take a corner or free kick, he doesn’t seem to be

[quote="Rattea"]Light the blue touch paper and stand back!!!!!

You have hit on a number of issues that some on here will not have questioned.

1. Performances have been great because we are invincible and not because we have been playing less able opposition. That is it and can not be questioned. we will even thump cChelsea by 10 they will have you believe.

2. The current management can do no wrong. Nothing the do or say is wrong even if it results in the loss of points or is clear to a blind man.

3. The holy grail Will Hughes is the best footballer known to man. Everything he does is sublime and Pele, Messi and co just sit at home and wonder if they could ever aspire to such heights. To say otherwise is heresy and you will be either burnt at the stake or censored and called every under the sun for saying otherwise!

""I do wonder if some people actually watch the games?""

But simply I dont know if

I find it amusing that, apparently, we've been fortunate, in winning games, whereas when other teams do it, nothing's mentioned.

Huddersfield away, QPR only drew 1-1 there, Burnley lost 2-1, with fester only beating them 2-1 at fester, but, hey-ho, we were lucky!!

Barnsley away, QPR beat them by 2 goals, fester, Burnley & us beat them by a goal, but, we were lucky?

The thing with this league is you need to win, wether it's playing beautiful or ugly!!

I don't think any run of games can be classed as winnable, if so, how could Sheff Wed beat fester, Donny turn over QPR?

Quote Originally Posted by Greasley
    I find it amusing that, apparently, we've been fortunate, in winning games, whereas when other teams do it, nothing's mentioned.

Huddersfield away, QPR only drew 1-1 there, Burnley lost 2-1, with fester only beating them 2-1 at fester, but, hey-ho, we were lucky!!

Barnsley away, QPR beat them by 2 goals, fester, Burnley & us beat them by a goal, but, we were lucky?

The thing with this league is you need to win, wether it's playing beautiful or ugly!!

I don't think any run of games can be classed as winnable, if so, how could Sheff Wed beat fester, Donny turn over QPR?
    So we wernt lucky holding on against Huddersfield?
    What's other teams results got to do with it?

Dont follow you here mate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)