+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The 10 Point Plan

re: The 10 Point Plan

Quote Originally Posted by only1salty
    Cannot see how anyone can honestly say BFS was a bad appointment. He was hired for the short term, to get us back up. That was done, ergo it was a fu(king good appointment.

Easy to say it's isn't now, nearly 3 years down the fu(king line ffs.

It may be time for him to go, but let's not re-write history.
    I am not re-writing anything. Never wanted him in the first place. Having been to almost every one of those games in the 3 years the football has been pants.

He sorted out the sh!t. He got us promoted (just with the highest wage bill in Div 2) and stabilised.

My issue is it should have been, "Mission accomplished, thanks for everything, goodbye."

No compo, happy fans, a summer to change the style back to something remotely less dark ages.[/quote]

Right, well, I actually agree, he should have gone with all our best wishes at the end of last season.

That wasn't what yo

Quote Originally Posted by clemmo
    Downing has been a complete waste of money imo.

Has he lost his legs?

More importantly, how much dosh are we drip-feeding him for the privilege?
    Sorry but he is by far our best player. Comfortable on the ball, quick compared to most, can cross the ball and half the price of Jarvis.[/quote]

Salty beat me to it, Downing is the one positive...that and the new bloke in central defensive midfield, he looks alright i wouldn't be suprised if he ends up playing for his country?????? but what do i know If Sam says Noble, Nolan, Taylor and Diame are all more capable of breaking up oppostion attackswho am i to question him.[/quote]

I beat you both to it!!

At times like watching a big kid playing with little kids. Maybe not the position we needed to sign in, but when he's played he's been our best player by a mile.

I do stand by the fact that I didn't want him. Never liked his style before and haven't since he became our manager.

I don't think he was a good fit for our club.

He did what he was tasked with but in my opinion not a great appointment. A safe one at the time.

Downing seems to have slowed down a couple of yards.

Was at the Fulham game yesterday and though he was only brought on in the 2nd half to replace our goalscorer, thought he didn't make the number of runs he is capable of making. He wasn't the only one mind you. Cole was feeding off scraps as a result.

his been out how long after an injury? your assessment of his season is based on yesterdays 15 minutes??

He has been the one creator in the side, his looks direct and even yesterday was the only one wanting the ball to his feet so he could try something not like Taylor and co who were happy to get rid.

I thought George, Diarra and Downing did ok yesterday. the rest played like it was new years day!!!!

The 10 Point Plan

Fair enough mate. He has come back from injury so time will tell if he has truly slowed down or not.

If your right i'll be sure to give you the thumbs up in time ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by only1salty
    4. Continue to clear the debt - PASS. Debt is indeed going down
    Accordinbg to the last published balance sheet (up to May 2012) whilst it is true that short term debt reduced by ?4.5 million the longer term figure actually rose from ?52 million to ?80 million.

Some reduction that is.

I was trying to be positive

Bloody f.acking hell ! It has taken one week to bleedin logon and now I find, I have f.uck all to say...

Right, completely agree with the original poster. I have always been - and will continue to be - an anti-Samuel, type of guy.

Yes the fool got us promoted via the playoffs, BUT with that squad, we should have won the division. Yes Ears; I even belittle that smudge of a success.

Just checked the "usual suspects" twit feeds...and no "Had to let Sam go, in both our best interests..." tweets

Still, it's early in the day, and I'm hoping Karen CBE, will point and "Your fired"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)