Get your very own personalised Stand Free Forum gifts!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Observations

re: Observations

I nearly choked on my lunch when I saw it suggested that Bournemouth would beat Aberdeen.

With all due respect, what a load of pysh

Quote Originally Posted by OleOle
    I nearly choked on my lunch when I saw it suggested that Bournemouth would beat Aberdeen.

With all due respect, what a load of pysh

Why do you say that min?

Quote Originally Posted by TedHankey
    i agree with most of that, the long deals are what Aberdeen should be doing with our promising youngsters, luckily that is now happening.

there is obviously a risk that we will waste money as some of these youngsters will fail to make the grade at Aberdeen. It is a risk we have to take to ensure we are compensated when one of our better players does leave.

dont think PP buy out clause would be as high as 7 figures.
    Not aware of any buy out clauses in Scotland or down south for that matter.

Very occasionally players might get the chance to speak to other clubs if a certain fee is met (Suarez and 40m plus a pound for example.

What I think is more common is that players (and their agents) get a cut of ant potential fee. Therefore the higher the better which will also be a better bargaining chips for a higher wage.

Nae sure why folk are so keen to see players leave though?

Having Mark Reynolds at the club in my opinion is a m

Employees in football are no different to employees in other walks of life.

If any team in the championship offers Pawlett a chance to double his wages he will take it.

Ive often wondered why the naive on here seem to think that footballers are a uniquely noble breed, especially if they play for Aberdeen.

The facts as we all know are that players move on when offered better deals, or don't sign when not offered.

There are numerous examples in the last 20 years of players going to Dunfermline and Dundee Utd before "bigger" clubs ala Aberdeen due to the money of offer.

Some on here need to start inhabiting the real world.

Oscar, your far to bright for me, i never understand a word you type.
    so now you're changing from better to better paid, no one is saying that if an offer came in for pawlett that made financial sense to him he wouldn't go,but don't give me that these clubs because they can afford to pay more wages than we

You're

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob

Oscar, your far to bright for me,
    You're[/quote]

and so are you.

Quote Originally Posted by 05car

If any team in the championship offers Pawlett a chance to double his wages he will take it.

Ive often wondered why the naive on here seem to think that footballers are a uniquely noble breed, especially if they play for Aberdeen.

The facts as we all know are that players move on when offered better deals, or don't sign when not offered.

There are numerous examples in the last 20 years of players going to Dunfermline and Dundee Utd before "bigger" clubs ala Aberdeen due to the money of offer.

so now you're changing from better to better paid, no one is saying that if an offer came in for pawlett that made financial sense to him he wouldn't go,but don't give me that these clubs becaus

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza
    Trying your luck on double money for 2 years at 18/19 could seriously negatively affect total career endings if said player is not ready for the move and is released after 2 years after playing little or no first team football.
    Playing devil's advocate here, but it can also work the opposite way: e.g. if a player was never good enough to make it in the first place and cashed in on a big offer after a short run of form.

For instance was Maguire ever going to make it at the top level? I'm not even sure he'd get in our team now if he'd stayed. You couldn't have played him up front on his own, so he'd have been competing with Pawlett, Hayes, McGinn etc. (who are all better than he is). Cashing in on his brief purple patch was probably the best thing he could have done. He was never anywhere near as good as his reputation during that period - which included nonsense like him scorin

I have to laugh when folk say its ***** for players to 'move at the right time'
    and
    They should hang around for a few year to establish themselves first.

So what is the right time?

I have to agree with Mr Hankey here.

The perfect example is Fraser Fyvie.
    The loon gets dogs abuse and is constantly ridiculed for going to Wigan and being on loan at Yeovil.
    I'm not 100% positive but I heard he's on something in the region of 8 grand a week at Wigan.
    If he goes to England and sits on the bench doing nothing for 3 or 4 year, he becomes a millionaire !!!!!
    (He's also been involved and part of an FA cup victory at Wembley )

Who's to say that staying at Aberdeen for longer, necessarily means you will automatically gain the right to a better move than you would have 2 or 3 years earlier?

As Hankey said earlier, footballers are no different to me or you when it comes to being offered mare money to go elsewhere!!

Quicker folk realise it the better

COYR

I don't think Reading would beat us to be quite honest. I know they have more money but that does not equate to a better team.

Look at Aberdeen in the early 80s. That was a team that cost almost nothing to assemble yet it beat the cream of the rich European clubs of the day. Then we spent (by our standards) vast amounts of money on players and slowly sank down from that position of pre eminence. The more we spent the worse we got for a while.

So really while money never hurts, it certainly cannot be taken as a guarantee of building a better squad or a better team.

Septic spend a lot of money and when we played them last time, I thought we looked to be every bit their equal, except for Langfield gifting them two goals.

Our strength comes partly through quality players, but that in itself is not enough. Our real strength comes from a strong mentality, a great team spirit, superior fitness, and good old fashioned hard work. You cannot buy any of that.

Maguire scored the other day for Sheffield Wednesday, a massive club btw.

btw, think Maguire would look great in this season's, Aberdeen
    A piledriver it was too. Think even Mackie could have managed this one.

I appreciate the sh*te trolling effort as much as anyone, but he's been a flop and was dunted out on loan to Coventry until last week. He was largely a flop here as well, save for a 6-12 month purple patch. - view external link

Pawlett, langfield and Hayes all recently signed extended deals for the same or less money than they were on - straight from McInnes' mouth at the recent B&G season ticket holders Q&A session

[quote="OhioRed"]I don't think Reading would beat us to be quite honest. I know they have more money but that does not equate to a better team.

Look at Aberdeen in the early 80s. That was a team that cost almost nothing to assemble yet it beat the cream of the rich European clubs of the day. Then we spent (by our standards) vast amounts of money on players and slowly sank down from that position of pre eminence. The more we spent the worse we got for a while.

So really while money never hurts, it certainly cannot be taken as a guarantee of building a better squad or a better team.

Septic spend a lot of money and when we played them last time, I thought we looked to be every bit their equal, except for Langfield gifting them two goals.

Our strength comes partly through quality players, but that in itself is not enough. Our real strength comes from a strong mentality, a great team spirit, superior fitness, and good old fashioned hard work. You cannot buy

[quote="theoninedog"]I have to laugh when folk say its ***** for players to 'move at the right time'
    and

The loon gets dogs abuse and is constantly ridiculed for going to Wigan and being on loan at Yeovil.
    I'm not 100% positive but I heard he's on something in the region of 8 grand a week at Wigan.
    If he goes to England and sits on the bench doing nothing for 3 or 4 year, he becomes a millionaire !!!!!

Who's to say that staying at Aberdeen for longer, necessarily means you will automatically gain the right to a better move than you would have 2 or 3 years earlier?

As Hankey said earlier, footballers are no different to me or you when it comes to being offered mare money to go elsewhere!!

Quicker folk realise it the b

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza

I appreciate the sh*te trolling effort as much as anyone, but he's been a flop and was dunted out on loan to Coventry until last week. He was largely a flop here as well, save for a 6-12 month purple patch.[/quote]

chill oot, a goal is a goal, he is earning fantastic money playing for what is a huge football club.

wanting someone to fail is not good for the heart min

[quote="PitchMick2013"]I have to laugh when folk say its ***** for players to 'move at the right time'
    and

As Hankey said earlier, footballers are no different to me or you when it comes to being offered mare mon

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns
    the only bad thing about the improvement in Pawlett is that he will leave us for a better team
    That's the nature of the beast tho Ted, same will happen with McInnes. If it means we benefitted in the meantime, so be it.

Cammie Smith is ready waiting in the wings anyway.[/quote]

Pawlett would go with my blessing if he leaves at the right time and we are suitably compensated. If McInnes leaves us a better club then again, best of luck to him. As long as George Yule is still involved, I'm convinced he'd get the right man in. McInnes is looking like an example of the manager we should have had years ago. Young, hungry, ambitious and he knows how to get the best out of all the players.

he is earning fantastic money playing for what is a huge football club.
    It's Sheffield phuckin Wednesday, min. Settle doon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand
    he is earning fantastic money playing for what is a huge football club.
    It's Sheffield phuckin Wednesday, min. Settle doon.[/quote]

Wednseday are a massive fitba club, once got nearly 50,000 for a game in the old English 3rd division, in the late 70s, early 80s?

edit 49,304 to be precise

I appreciate the sh*te trolling effort as much as anyone, but he's been a flop and was dunted out on loan to Coventry until last week. He was largely a flop here as well, save for a 6-12 month purple patch.[/quote]

chill oot, a goal is a goal, he is earning fantastic money playing for what is a huge football club.

wanting someone to fail is not good for the heart min[/quote]

I'm raging so I am...

Putting aside the weak fishing efforts, you're not actually saying anything I disagree with. I was arguing that he did the right thing in leaving because he wasn't actually that good in the first place and probably wouldn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast