Get your very own personalised Blades Board gifts!

Thread: Porters goal

Porters goal

I've just seen the highlights of Porters goal against Walsall.

WOW. Where did that come from??

It was definitely a fluke control, i bet even Porter couldn't believe it when the ball just stuck at his feet like that. Imagine if he could do something like that once every couple of games instead of once every 5 years?

For anyone who hasn't seen the goal i'll put the link down below. - view external link

re: Porters goal

The stick he gets is unwarranted. Great touch and finish yesterday, and for the half hour where he wasn't isolated he played like the player he can be. He was in the middle of everything good we created. His hold up play and flicks were brilliant, then we dropped deep and left him up there on his own...

Come on Danny when have we seen Porter control a ball like that?? NEVER. That's what he should be doing week in week out. He's not good enough.

His first touch is awful and it's not like he has pace to make up for it. Credit where credit is due for that goal though, brilliant touch & finish.

The majority of the team aren't good enough, they don't get nearly as much stick as Porter does. Since he's come back into the team we've scored goals as a whole and we've got points on the board and climbed the table.

He might not be good enough to start every week but he's a good player to have in your squad and if he can perform at that level for the rest of the season I'll be chuffed.

It's the other end of the pitch that's the biggest worry for me, 4 of the 5 in the defensive unit KNOW they've got a place in the team next week no matter how dreadfully they perform.

He's a squad player and that's all he should be. If he could score goals like that on a regular basis i'd be saying the opposite. He could've/should've been in double figures already but he fails to score the simplest of chances. If he had pace it'd improve his all round game, but sadly he's slower than Cressy.

I agree regarding the defence, they need competition. Harry and Long are both young lads so i'm not getting on their backs but they make far too many mistakes, Long especially.

Lovely stuff.

Crikey Porter looked as casual as if he does that every time the ball drops into his path.
    Difficult to see the pen but at 39 seconds Maguire looks like he's in front of the player who drops as though he's been pushed from behind, shocking. Maybe the lads need a couple of days at boot camp to toughen them up?

Shocking penalty.

Nobody anywhere near the ball until it cleared the far post. Their guy on the floor certainly had no chance of getting to the ball.

Just looked like a bit of the usual pushing and shoving that goes on in the penalty area at set pieces nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by erskineblade
    Shocking penalty.

Nobody anywhere near the ball until it cleared the far post. Their guy on the floor certainly had no chance of getting to the ball.

Just looked like a bit of the usual pushing and shoving that goes on in the penalty area at set pieces nowadays.
    as cloughie said if ya gettin pens for that,they will have to give alot of pens given in a game. have ya seen the pen given against rovrum? 2yrd at least outside box,but steve evans is beginnin to grind on me abit and i like rovrum as a club,and the fat lad has done a gr8 job at rovrum. UTB