+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Hughes value? Time to sell?

re: Will Hughes value? Time to sell?

We shall see, rather strange for Rodger to deny it and for Derby's hieracrchy to deny it very publicly again recently - not saying your wrong just very odd -If there is a deal what would be the point of denying it? It will become public at sometime.

However, the views that Hughes is overrrated seem at odds with those expressed by a number of people who have far more knowledge and expereince of what a good player looks like than most on here (inc. myself) so I'm not taking any notice of those who say he isn't as good as he is made out to be - but the lads been ill, he has played a lot of football and frankly is entitled to a loss of form - and anyone who has seen him play over the past couple of seasons would recognise a quaity player when they see one.

That is of course with the exception of one poster in particualr who seems to want to prove to all and sundry that he is rather less bright than he likes to make out!!

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury
    He should stay with us and develop further.
    I hold an opposite view mate. personally I think he needs to play at a higher level to improve and that may be one of the reasons his form hasn't been great recently. he needs to play and train with better players, learn new things, play in a league where technique is paramount.

time to sell? yes if the price is right.

Quote Originally Posted by chris311080
    We have an agreement in place with Liverpool and fee was agreed.

That I know for sure.

That I was told 3 months ago and mentioned it on here

This week it was reported in several national newspapers that Liverpool have first refusal.. Coincidence.. I think not

Now I don't give a toss who believes me and who doesn't. Track record says my source is good.
    I've always believed what Chris posts to be gospel, simply because he's never been wrong regarding transfers and "goings on" at the club.

The fact Liverpool have committed to a fee makes me think it won't be all that much initially. Maybe 6-7 million? With add-ons I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by D_D
    We have an agreement in place with Liverpool and fee was agreed.

That I know for sure.

That I was told 3 months ago and mentioned it on here

This week it was reported in several national newspapers that Liverpool have first refusal.. Coincidence.. I think not

Now I don't give a toss who believes me and who doesn't. Track record says my source is good.
    I've always believed what Chris posts to be gospel, simply because he's never been wrong regarding transfers and "goings on" at the club.

The fact Liverpool have committed to a fee makes me think it won't be all that much initially. Maybe 6-7 million? With add-ons I'm sure.[/quote]

there was once chris's source didn't come good but to be fair I think that's because circumstances changed on a deal (can't remember which one...).

anyone who pays attention on here knows there's only 2 people claiming to have a source that's worth listeni

Maybe he would do better in a league with more time and space. At the moment I feel he is being bullied and knocked about when he gets near the ball and he just isn't developed physically enough yet. Not saying he is a bad player but I think the money we could get for him might prove more important in a promotion push than if we keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale
    We shall see, rather strange for Rodger to deny it and for Derby's hieracrchy to deny it very publicly again recently - not saying your wrong just very odd -If there is a deal what would be the point of denying it? It will become public at sometime.

However, the views that Hughes is overrrated seem at odds with those expressed by a number of people who have far more knowledge and expereince of what a good player looks like than most on here (inc. myself) so I'm not taking any notice of those who say he isn't as good as he is made out to be - but the lads been ill, he has played a lot of football and frankly is entitled to a loss of form - and anyone who has seen him play over the past couple of seasons would recognise a quaity player when they see one.

That is of course with the exception of one poster in particualr who seems to want to prove to all and sundry that he is rather less bright than he likes to make out!!
    Do you mea

[quote="Rattea"]We shall see, rather strange for Rodger to deny it and for Derby's hieracrchy to deny it very publicly again recently - not saying your wrong just very odd -If there is a deal what would be the point of denying it? It will become public at sometime.

That is of course with the exception of one poster in particualr who seems to want to prove to all and sundry that he is rather less bright tha

Quote Originally Posted by sheeeeeeeeeep
    Maybe he would do better in a league with more time and space. At the moment I feel he is being bullied and knocked about when he gets near the ball and he just isn't developed physically enough yet. Not saying he is a bad player but I think the money we could get for him might prove more important in a promotion push than if we keep him.
    You might be right there. I thought Tom Carroll looked better when he's playing against more technically gifted players instead of playing with a load of thugs in the championship and the same could be true of Hughes as well. But Hughes has held his own in this league when Carroll didn't which is a sign of his quality even if he doesn't always assert himself as much as we'd like.

Another prime example is Ross Barkley, looked reasonable at Sheff Wed but nothing out of this world. Looks awesome now in the Prem.

Quote Originally Posted by tomsdubs
    Another prime example is Ross Barkley, looked reasonable at Sheff Wed but nothing out of this world. Looks awesome now in the Prem.
    And he wasn't seen as an improvement on Tonge or Green at Leeds so they sent him back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)