+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jeff Hendrick

Jeff Hendrick

Seems to be some disquiet about the performance of Messrs Bryson and Hughes in recent games.

A touch unfair as both have been carrying knocks or recovering from illness.

I'd give Hendrick 90 mins against Chelsea and then play him against Leicester - not that long ago we were really singing his praises and he was our best midfielder ahead of both Bryson and Hughes and scoring goals. I trust the management team to get him back to his best. Thoughts?

re: Jeff Hendrick

I would rest both Bryson and Hughes, as we need them on top of their game in the next two against Leicester and Burnley, which are far more important to our season.

If Coutts is fit, play him and Jeff. Only reason to play Will would be to showcase him in a big TV game in the hope that he has a cracker of a game and attracts bids!

Also I would rest Chris Martin and give Sammon a start.

After all, we are going to beat Chelsea whoever we put out!!!

It's a tough one as to who to pick for Chelsea.

Hughes def looks like he needs a rest, Bryson may now, too (I don't know if he was injured on Wed?

Letting the players have a go at Chelsea would be a good reward for all the recent hard work, and I think to beat them we'll def need our most settled XI in.

But... the 2 league games are big (in the short term anyway), do we chop and change for all 3 or field a very week team against Chelsea and take a potential battering on live TV?

Personally I'd go full strength against Chelsea, and try and get a famous win. Would be awesome to win in front of a packed out PP and a big moral boost. Still early in the season, so whilst loses to Leic and Burn ould be deflating, they wouldn't be any means be fatal

Has the Burnley game been moved? Seen it mentioned on several threads but my fixture list has it on Saturday 1st March. There are 9 games before then.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)