+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: John Beaton

John Beaton

II wait to see if John Beaton has completed a hat rick of shocking decisions against us.First of all he gave the invisible 2nd penalty against dons then disallowed a perfectly good goal once again against dons from 20 yards behind play when a linesman in line gave it he was 12 yards away yesterday and I was 60 and thought it was well in but may be proved wrong tonight on sport scene.If it was a goal serious questions have to be asked about a referee who comes from motherwell but seems to go out of his way to prove he has no bias towards them by going the opposite way and being totally biased against them. All refs make mistakes but when they are all against the same team their impartiality must be called into question as I do not trust this referee to give us a fair crack of the whip but if he is proved right tonight I apologise for my accusation but if as I think from my view it was in fact in then its time for him to have a good look in. the mirror as only he knows if being fair or n

re: John Beaton

[quote="wellowell"]II wait to see if John Beaton has completed a hat rick of shocking decisions against us.First of all he gave the invisible 2nd penalty against dons then disallowed a perfectly good goal once again against dons from 20 yards behind play when a linesman in line gave it he was 12 yards away yesterday and I was 60 and thought it was well in but may be proved wrong tonight on sport scene.If it was a goal serious questions have to be asked about a referee who comes from motherwell but seems to go out of his way to prove he has no bias towards them by going the opposite way and being totally biased against them. All refs make mistakes but when they are all against the same team their impartiality must be called into question as I do not trust this referee to give us a fair crack of the whip but if he is proved right tonight I apologise for my accusation but if as I think from my view it was in fact in then its time for him to have a good look in.

Iv'e watched the highlights on motherwell tv, probably the same pictures as bbc. Yes it's hard to tell but it looks like it was over the line to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wellin
    Iv'e watched the highlights on motherwell tv, probably the same pictures as bbc. Yes it's hard to tell but it looks like it was over the line to me.
    After looking at the BBC highlights I'd say that the ball was a good 12 inches over the line. However in all fairness, a Saints player indicated assertively to the linesman that it hadn't crossed the line and I suppose the official took his cue from that.

Verdict: clear refereeing error (again by Mr Beaton).

I agree looked over on 1st bounce and on line in 2nd but saints player would do that anyway but Beaton was nearer this incident than the ghost offside he invented in last game so IMO he has to have a good look at himself as sure it would have been a goal if happened the other way round no idea why he goes out his way to hurt only us with baffling decisions as putting his creditability on the line seems to have taken over from mr orielly as the referee I hate to c at our games as always expect a dodgy decision and he never lets us down unfortunately.

I have two points to make.Firstly within the laws of the game a referee cannot award a goal unless HE is certain the ball has crossed the line, a number of posters have commented that it looked like it was over, this after watching it several times on tv, the ref does not have that luxury. I am not defending the thesis that he is ante 'WELL merely stating the facts regarding the laws of the game.
    Secondly I don't know him at all and have no way of knowing what team he supports and I may well be barking up the wrong tree here but statistically, he, coming from Motherwell is more likely to support one of the two offensive teams from Glasgow than us. If this is not the case then I am pretty sure that is just a case of he was not sure.
    That said what a terrific run of results we are on at the moment here's hoping we can keep it going, one thing I believe is that we will not be relegated this season even through the play-off system.
    'Mon the 'WELL

I agree with you fully that he has to be sure to give the goal but the problem i have is in his last game he disallowed a perfectly good goal from 20 yards behind play when linesman was perfectly placed in line and gave it so was he sure then and game before that he gave a penalty which nobody seen even dons fans were on their site saying why did we get that 2nd penalty so thats 3 goals he has decided on that have all went against us so to me 3 in 3 games stinks of something dodgy and yes although i dont know i have a suspicion he might have supported a team from out glasgow way in the past as he certainly has it in for us

I think questions also need to be asked of the St Johnstone player who indicated quite clearly to the linesman that it wasn't a goal.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)