+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Gillingham Match Thread

re: Gillingham Match Thread

We deserved that. Pure and simple. Too poor up front. It was always going to end like that. FFS.

wtf,,,thats it im off to bed...

Nobody to blame but ourselves. Gillingham was the better team a majority of the second half.

We looked tired the last 45 minutes. Too much hoofing forward. First half was much better and a solid performance despite no goal.

Golbourne, not sure what happened on that clearance. Kicked it backwards for the corner.

Why I am I not surprised? At the final whistle the commentator said, "They have done it, they have beaten the mighty Wolves!" Think on mate.

If that doesn't beat all!

We deserved that. From what I saw we looked the better team but our threats evaporated as soon as we got anywhere near the box. Not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by lesleywolf
    wtf,,,thats it im off to bed...
    Your lucky, just think of all those poor b uggers that have got that long journey home. Still, if you ay suffered yew ay Wolves am ya!

Gillingham has conceded 42 goals this year. 4th worst in the league. Hadn't kept a clean sheet since November 2. And despite the big advantage in possession, we didn't really threaten by the goal all that much.

So in our last two matches, we've played the 2nd worst and 4th worse defenses in the entire league and have scored 1 goal between the two matches. And only one point from two teams in the bottom half.

Worst part - we are even on points with Orient, but they have two matches in hand now. Need to get some fresh blood and competition in!

And so Kenny is the one to lead us from the wilderness back to broad Sunlit uplands is he??
    Old Nick has decided not to sharpen his blades!!

Off to bed with the view that big George has more chance of becoming a footballer than Cassidy does a centre forward.

His thought process is too far behind the game to ever be any more than a work horse who will score occasionally cos he will be in the right place at the right time.

Don't know why Griffo isn't starting but looked sharp when he did come on. Maybe as with Hennessy another who is on the way.

Didn't think too much of the keeper if I'm honest either but that could (I really hope so) been first match nerves.

Got it wrong with Sako I'm afraid.

He isn't over rated as I said earlier ... he is VASTLY over rated.

I do think we aren't having the run off the ball as their goal showed and we did look half decent but with no cutting edge in the final third our downfall will ultimately be lack of goals.

That is something I didn't think I would be saying after the reverse fixture earlier on in the season.

Only saving grace is that I am off back to bed now so won't have to watc

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)