+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Gillingham Match Thread

re: Gillingham Match Thread

Wolves defence were shocking tonight and if we weren't playing against a team that plainly didn't try to beat us then we would have suffered much more.
    The attack was business as usual...closed for maintenence.

The worrying thing is that there is no togetherness, no communication and no passion.
    We have a keeper that 'refused to play', a top scorer that doesn't start matches and a doyle that also doesn't start matches.

I'm not going to go on, just say two things...
    Jacket has either lost the dressing room or is being told what to do by higher powers.

Film time now, I'll try and salvage something from tonight unlike the poor wolves fans that went to see that shower of shiiiiiite.

Quote Originally Posted by chimplad
    Wolves defence were shocking tonight and if we weren't playing against a team that plainly didn't try to beat us then we would have suffered much more.
    The attack was business as usual...closed for maintenence.

The worrying thing is that there is no togetherness, no communication and no passion.
    We have a keeper that 'refused to play', a top scorer that doesn't start matches and a doyle that also doesn't start matches.

I'm not going to go on, just say two things...
    Jacket has either lost the dressing room or is being told what to do by higher powers.

Film time now, I'll try and salvage something from tonight unlike the poor wolves fans that went to see that shower of shiiiiiite.
    There you go Chimp, "a lack of passion" that was what I was trying to put my finger on when I was watching the game. A big factor and as you say it just wasn't there. I asked the question myself earlier, " can you have so much possession in a game tha

On the bright side boys [and girls of course] what a lively and bright match thread. Good turnout, lots of contributions. OK some of it was inane, purile, repetative dross[ sorry!! X-D], but all in all a good day out for those of us who couldn't get there, if you know what I mean.

Come on mi babbies, she'll be right!

All I can say is, "that was truly awful".

The thing is. Every game I have been too has been a repeat of that performance!!!

Why play Elokobi, why play Edwards deep in midfield . We so needed Edwards breaking in the box last night. McDonald should have played deeper for both his superior passing and his ability to break up play.

Sako is lazy and the sooner he leaves the better, take Siggy and Hennesey with him.

All in all I said last night that that performance was almost as bad as the Solbakkon days. Tippy tappy aimless carp. The one saving grace is that Henry, Jacobs, goldbourne and McDonald played well. All of whom are Jacketts signings.

All the talk prior to kick off was why McCarey and Flatt were out warming up, and no Hennessey. My initial thought was he was about to leave the club after a deal done behind the scenes was completed. Looking on my phone and the story of his refusal to play angered me. McCarey on the whole had a decent game, struggled at time with ball in the air, but not helped with the high winds.

Wolves may have had the majority of the play but the home side had three good chances in the second half, when they hit the post and the one straight at McCarey, and then there was the goal, too many players static and not quick enough to react to the loose ball.

Wolves did play some good football, but when in the last third there's no outlet, no focal point in attack. Sums it up for me really with Griffiths header the only meaningful effort in the game for us. I can't really count Jacobs effort in the first half as a decent chance. The game changed for me with the introduction of Akinfenwa for the hom

Peter Taylor outthought KJ. Packed his defence and we hadn't the quality or guile to penetrate it so restricted to poor shots from outside the box and few of those between the sticks. Quality crosses non existant and same with free kicks and corners.
    Unless some fairly immediate improvement we will struggle to get into the playoffs.
    Two poor backs,need good stopper centrehalf,commanding midfielder and tall,busy striker but where are they? Yet other third division teams seem to find loanees from the Prem clubs who fit the bill,why not us?

A bit like a soft **** film- lots of messing about but absolutely no penetration. Gonna be a busy few weeks for KJ.

Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDeWolf
    A bit like a soft **** film- lots of messing about but absolutely no penetration. Gonna be a busy few weeks for KJ.

Hopefully.
    Such a shame the 'like it' button doesn't work. I will put you on my list along with Woody and make sure I give you both one when the time comes!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)