+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FFP..

FFP..

As I interpret it, clubs has twelve months to go before it really bites. Clubs can spend what they want in this January window so therefore are Ok if they are promoted. If they dont they have until next January to bring down their wages according to FFP rules. If they don't they will incur a transfer embargo until they do.

re: FFP..

Thats the crooks of it Basie .. if they go up having spent big they can incur a fine which is a small percentage of the money they will get in prem so thats pointless ? the transfer embargo on teams starting in next Jans transfer window is interesting as the embargo stays in place until they fall within the FFP rules .. so fore some clubs this could be a month and for others this could be a year and possibly longer? As we all know there are going to be many loopholes and the biggest one is sponsorship .. get ready for the stadium to change

yes thats about it. problem is a lot of clubs are already way over the limit. On radio Nottingham on Saturday, they were talking about forest & basically if you dont get promoted this season,you could be in a right mess come this time next year,

teams will take the gamble, But only 3 teams will get promoted end of the season, so it could come to the situation where you are going to have to more or less give your top players away just to get you inline with FFP

but the clubs know the situation they all signed up to it. so if any teams get in a mess they only have themselves to blame

I believe that PSG have just told FFP to go and do one - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by binghampies
    yes thats about it. problem is a lot of clubs are already way over the limit. On radio Nottingham on Saturday, they were talking about forest & basically if you dont get promoted this season,you could be in a right mess come this time next year,

teams will take the gamble, But only 3 teams will get promoted end of the season, so it could come to the situation where you are going to have to more or less give your top players away just to get you inline with FFP

but the clubs know the situation they all signed up to it. so if any teams get in a mess they only have themselves to blame
    It's alright I can think of a few ways we'll be able to cut a few loses.

Miller, Derbyshire, Tudgay and Greening all out of contract. 50k a week in wages saved there. Then Gillett, Harding, Collins and and Blackstock can all go. That's 500k in transfer fees and another 30k a week in wages saved. That's around 300k a month I've saved the club in wag