+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Saints Player

Saints Player

I have subscribed to Saints Player for several years, as I don't get to many live games, owing to my living abroad.
    Although I stream matches, I still like to watch the extended highlights, as the quality of the picture generally tends to be better, and helps clear up incidents that were unclear, vis the stream.

Since buying an IPad , I can no longer watch the highlights, as they are shown using Flash, and using a proxy web browser leaves the picture as not much better than the live stream.

Bearing in mind, that the Saints often put videos on YouTube and also on Saints Web, in a format supported by Apple, I e-mailed the Saints Player contact and asked why they are not able to show the extended highlights, on Saints Player, in the same format.

The first reply was about audio commentary, which wasn't what I asked about nor was it of any use to me.
    So I asked again, and was told it was down to Apple (?).

When I then asked them to confirm that Apple was preventing Saints from putting h

re: Saints Player

There was a thread a while ago in which someone (Pents maybe?) said there was something you can download in order to play flash on Ipads. Or am I imagining this?

Just ran a few LinkedIn searches for senior marketing / technical contacts at the club and there are a few contacts that pop up. If you don't get a reply from someone junior, go up the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Brockley_Jack
    There was a thread a while ago in which someone (Pents maybe?) said there was something you can download in order to play flash on Ipads. Or am I imagining this?
    The Puffin web-browser, probably..

The ticket purchasing system on the official site doesn't support IOS.
    I think it was Souths who suggested Puffin.

Its ridiculous that one of the most popular operating systems going isn't supported.

Luckily I have a Windows phone...

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    The ticket purchasing system on the official site doesn't support IOS.
    I think it was Souths who suggested Puffin.
    Nearly..

Baz - seem to recall you asked a similar question a few months back. Did you ever try the Puffin browser ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    Luckily I have a Windows phone...
    Your secret is safe with me...

I use Photon, which I found was better than Puffin, but the clarity of the picture isn't as good as watching highlights via flash on a laptop.

All I want Saints Player to do is explain why they are unable to use a compatible format, when they clearly have the technology, as proved by the highlights they release on YouTube and Saints Wall, but they seem either unable or unwilling to do so.

The club must surely be aware of the potential loss of revenue, as more and more people seem to be moving on to tablets that don't support flash.