Get your very own personalised Stand Free Forum gifts!

Thread: Danny Rogers

Danny Rogers

Not seen it mentioned anywhere on here but Rogers was playing for Airdrie against Sevco last night on BT Sport.

He had a solid game under the eyes of Leighton who was watching him. He made a few good stops and came off his line well. His kicking was also very good.

With Weaver being out of contract this month and Rogers being on loan for just one month, will this result in Weaver leaving and Rogers providing the competition for Langfield?

Or will we look to bring in another Goalkeeper?

In my opinion I would much prefer if we let Weaver go and replace him with Rogers to bring in another outfield player on loan.

re: Danny Rogers

Sounds like a plan. Certainly cannot trust Weaver, after his showing v Fartz at Tinkcastle.

If Langers got a lengthy injury then we'd be allowed to take in an emergency goalie as backup to Rogers.

However, if Hec comes back, wouldn't that swallow up the potential savings on Weavers's contract, now that Tate has signed?

Still leaves Chris Clark's wages. Surely if he's been told his contract won't be renewed, he'd be better off accepting an 18 month deal at, say, Peterheed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumfries_Sheep94
    Not seen it mentioned anywhere on here but Rogers was playing for Airdrie against Sevco last night on BT Sport.

He had a solid game under the eyes of Leighton who was watching him. He made a few good stops and came off his line well. His kicking was also very good.

With Weaver being out of contract this month and Rogers being on loan for just one month, will this result in Weaver leaving and Rogers providing the competition for Langfield?

Or will we look to bring in another Goalkeeper?

In my opinion I would much prefer if we let Weaver go and replace him with Rogers to bring in another outfield player on loan.
    I'd leave the lad at Airdrie for the rest of the season.
    Better for his development that he stays there, plays 15-20 games than sits on our bench.
    Then take him back in the summer and re-assess him pre-season.

I wouldn't be renewing Weavers contract, looked a complete liability when he got his chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dec123Red
    I wouldn't be renewing Weavers contract, looked a complete liability when he got his chance.
    Very much so.

That's why I would like him to be released as I would imagine he is on a fair wage which can be used to bring back Hector or another outfield player.

On the other hand, if he were to be released then surely Rogers would be called back to be Langfield's understudy. But, as RedStar pointed out that will prevent Rogers getting first team football in the lower leagues.

How much of Hector and Tate's wages do you think we're contributing to? I can't imagine Hector was on a big wage at Reading since he's never made an impact on their first team so it wouldn't surprise me if we were actually paying very little towards his wages. Tate on the other hand I would suspect is on a fairly large wage for our standards but not much for a side like Swansea so again wouldn't be overly surprised if we weren't contributing much towards his wage.

Goalkeeper is something that we continually make an a*se of.
    Continually extending Langfield's contract beggars belief.

We haven't had a good, reliable goalie since Peter Kjaer.

Hopefully with a new scout in place, we'll get better at it.

It's a tricky one, as what decent keeper is going to come to play 2nd fiddle to Langfield?

I wouldn't be surprised if goalkeeping coach is the next position at the club under review?...
    A tricky one as Derek McInnes might not want to be seen as the villain of the piece, getting rid of a playing legend of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Dec123Red
    How much of Hector and Tate's wages do you think we're contributing to? I can't imagine Hector was on a big wage at Reading since he's never made an impact on their first team so it wouldn't surprise me if we were actually paying very little towards his wages. Tate on the other hand I would suspect is on a fairly large wage for our standards but not much for a side like Swansea so again wouldn't be overly surprised if we weren't contributing much towards his wage.
    I would imagine Hector would be on a wage similar to our youths. Something like 500 a week? I could be completely wrong though. As you have said I would expect that Tate will be earning several thousands of pounds a week but I would imagine that we aren't contributing to much of it.

Regarding the goalkeeping situation I would release Weaver and bring back Rogers and have him as backup to Langfield. That would be my short term plan to the end of the season.

During the

I think it's best for his development to be put on loan until the end of the season, whether that's at Airdrie or somewhere else that's a competitive level.

I wonder how much Weaver and Clark are on, as they should both be punted. Using the wages freed up by the likes of these two will ensure the resigning of Hector and perhaps another?

Heaps of alleys left open to DM

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns
    Sounds like a plan. Certainly cannot trust Weaver, after his showing v Fartz at Tinkcastle.

If Langers got a lengthy injury then we'd be allowed to take in an emergency goalie as backup to Rogers.

However, if Hec comes back, wouldn't that swallow up the potential savings on Weavers's contract, now that Tate has signed?

Still leaves Chris Clark's wages. Surely if he's been told his contract won't be renewed, he'd be better off accepting an 18 month deal at, say, Peterheed?
    Fit ye got against Peterheid?
    Let him go join Turriff or the like, that's more his level