+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: v Man City thread..

re: v Man City thread..

To put things in perspective Citys second string starting 11 cost 180 Million.

Rovers 11 cost 10 Million.

Citys two strikers cost more than Venkys paid for Rovers

rovers were in a fantastic position once but its all about timing. the sheer amount of tv money available now means it's easier to stay there once you reach the top. rover's , even allowing for inflation would have got a pittance for what they achieved compared to us now.if jack would have rocked up now then rovers, with their history and fan catchment area would do far better long term than they did in 95.of course other investors would look at city, everton and co and think if rovers can win the league then so can they. that's what football owes to big jack. he gave the "normal" clubs hope. Chelsea did and city followed. so never say never roverites you may get another shot one day.

btw, that final day in 95 when you took the title off the scum was one of my favourite days in football.

[quote="w11ons" clubs hope. Chelsea did and city followed. so never say never roverites you may get another shot one day.

btw, that final day in 95 when you took the title off the scum was one of my favourite days in football.[/quote]

I still lived back home in Bury back then. A town which is half city, half united. I spent that evening in our local (back in 95 )with all my Ci

[quote="champs95" clubs hope. Chelsea did and city followed. so never say never roverites you may get another shot one day.

btw, that final day in 95 when you took the title off the scum was one of my favourite days in football.[/quote]

I still lived back home in Bury back then. A town which is half city, half united. I spent that eveni

Errrr, are West Ham really this sh*t, or is this what is gonna happen to us next week?

It's frightening to watch.

5-0 and still 20 mins to go.

Quote Originally Posted by dunn0709
    Errrr, are West Ham really this sh*t, or is this what is gonna happen to us next week?

I dont think they are so schite Dunny,i just think they are playing to get rid of Sam the slug..plus they have quite a few injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo

I dont think they are so schite Dunny,i just think they are playing to get rid of Sam the slug..plus they have quite a few injuries.[/quote]

Watching it reminded me of watching us on our relegation season Alf.

Just defeated players all over the pitch.

Hope we put up more of a fight next week. Altho City's goals, esp Dzekos, were clinical tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by dunn0709

As much as I think W/Ham are not playing to their potential City are awesome at ripping teams to bits,,I hope and pray that they dont play Negledo & Dzeko againt us,,Bowyer has certainly got to fire the lads up to give their all,, If we can go there in the same frame of mind as we had at home and not get trashed 6-0 I will be happy.

I know our chances are slim, but there have been bigger upsets in football, COYB

Quote Originally Posted by joinerpat

I know our chances are slim, but there have been bigger upsets in football, COYB
    Pat, You winning at snooker last night was a bigger shock than us beating City ever could be mate

Quote Originally Posted by MillHillRover

Pat, You winning at snooker last night was a bigger shock than us beating City ever could be mate [/quote]

Russ, When you have had ur ass kicked as much as I have in life, You learn to never give up.
    Watched some of the W/Ham game again this morning and we could do with Dzeko,Negredo & Ya Ya coming down with a dose of the wild shoite's.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)