+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rhodes benched

re: Rhodes benched

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    ..and today we just missed a killer goal ...

Just a shame about Citeh's marginally offside one![/quote]

didn`t think you could be offside from a corner.. [/quote]

After the delvery of the corner and the ball has then been touched by another player belonging to the attacking team, it ceases to be a corner. So in that instance, yes you can.

Schoolboy knowledge is that Sax!![/quote]

maybe the ref missed the touch on, as did i..[/quote]

how the fck could you miss that touch ..touch putting it lighlty ..from your armchair Saxo .?? you do leave yourself high n dry at times ..[/quote]

Indeed Howie. I'm sure numerous highlights will show Sax that it.

In

Quote Originally Posted by needle
    If our entire game plan is based around Rhodes then Gary Bowyer should be nowhere near being our club manager .
    He constantly picks Rhodes as a lone striker , which we are all agreed is not his game (ask Gordon Strachan ;-) )
    Rhodes has scored goals despite our game plan being totally against how he would like it to be , not because of it .
    Gestede will be the perfect foil for him and I am excited as to what the second half of the season could turn out to be like .
    Get Evans fit and we could be flying .
    Needle ..i do agree ..but as you say Rhodes has done rather well with 9 blokes not entirely playing to his strengths ..and yes get someone alongside him ..he or more so the the team could benefit even more ..like ive said before ..its a 22 game season now looking at one possibly two play off places ..we re in form ..so ..

City's goal was offside. We never at any stage looked out classed. We should certainly have had a pen for the GBH that crap keeper of theirs committed on King. And he should've gone. I thought Gestede looked decent. Lowe was superb. Made me eat my words. Cairney looked as good as anyone on the pitch. A class act again. Both signings this week have been excellent.

The reply will be tough. They have 2 league cup semi's and a few league games coming up, so this is by no means over, and they will not fancy having to play us. A superb result, off the back of a great 3 points at Leeds. Rhodes will benefit from the rest, as he was carrying a knock, and I hoped to see him paired with Gestede soon. Playing 5 across midfield today was the key decision by Bowyer. Very well done to him for his selection & tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie5o
    sounds to me Dan our Saxo was neither there ..nor watching on tv ..
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose[/quote]

VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes

VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT

[/quote]

..a lil bit loud there Saxo ..

Quote Originally Posted by Howie5o

[/quote]

..a lil bit loud there Saxo ..[/quote]

His parents will go mad when they see the state of the bedsheets

[/quote]

..a lil bit loud there Saxo ..[/quote]

His parents will go mad when they see the state of the bedsheets [/quote]

..if they aint disowne

His parents will go mad when they see the state of the bedsheets
    Extremely doubtful that the turd has a father...

He's got plenty of neck though to keep coming back so often when he is scorned everywhere and consistently shown to be wrong and a liar.

My gut instinct tells me that it is the accountants who will determine if JR is to be released.
    My own opinion of JR has been well documented, and yes he is the kind of player who can appear to be hero to villain from game to game. Having said that I see no villain in him, as he is an honest player who would readily acknowledge his own failings.
    He is simply a goal machine that adds very little else to the team play, but the guy does try, so cannot be criticised for that.
    In situations where he is 'off his game' i.e. the right balls are not being delivered, it is up to his team mates and manager to work a solution. Otherwise replace him for plan B.
    As for laying chances 'on a plate'??? No, he's far from AS's standard, but I have seen very few 'easy chances' buried by him. Then again It may well be the previous JR's 'efforts' that are clouding my judgement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)