+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work ethic

Work ethic

WOW! We worked phenomenally hard today. Second half in particular, even more particularly the first 25 minutes of it. We were charging down everything relentlessly and not giving a very good City side any time to breathe. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw us work so hard, which either means it hasn't happened in forever, or it is so long ago it's hard to place it.

Incredibly proud of the team today.

re: Work ethic

Quote Originally Posted by blue_bruce
    WOW! We worked phenomenally hard today. Second half in particular, even more particularly the first 25 minutes of it. We were charging down everything relentlessly and not giving a very good City side any time to breathe. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw us work so hard, which either means it hasn't happened in forever, or it is so long ago it's hard to place it.

Incredibly proud of the team today.
    Fully echoed Brucie. Great confidence booster. Fantastic to see Robbo fit and healthy. We must now take that confidence into our next games. There isn't much wrong with the F.A. Cup when you see games like that!

Yep, compare today to what we saw in the Millwall tie last year.

Something to be proud of.

Well done Bowyer, the steady improvement continues.

Culdnt of sed it beter mesel Bruce if I onely hed ur vucublery

A very good performance indeed from Rovers,you are starting to look like a promotion playing team now..

i`m always a bit dissapointed when sides put in extreme effort and get a result like this(as we did v arse last season), and then don`t show the same effort for the bread and butter games(as we didn`t last season)..

i`d rather see us get stuffed in these games and put in the effort in the games that mean something for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    i`m always a bit dissapointed when sides put in extreme effort and get a result like this(as we did v arse last season), and then don`t show the same effort for the bread and butter games(as we didn`t last season)..

i`d rather see us get stuffed in these games and put in the effort in the games that mean something for the club.
    Boring old Fart..

Are they not all B&B games ??

We had 5 managerial changes last season. That's what f'd it up on the pitch.

However, I agree that had we played like that against Brum or Shef Wed, we'd be higher in the table. Still, you don't get that time and space on the ball in the Championship.

A very proud display from the lads today!!!

As I said in another recent thread, it is frustrating for me that I get to see so few whole games. On the other hand, it means I get a good picture of any progress when I DO see one.
    I was very impressed today. Apart from the level of effort, I noticed that Bowyer has developed a speedy team. One of our problems over recent years has been a desperate lack of pace. In a post last week, someone described Taylor as "slow". He didn't look it in this match. Apart from a slight lack of composure in the area, I thought he played very well.
    I also liked how Bowyer targeted the left flank in attack. He had clearly identified a weakness there, and the players exploited it well.
    As for the defence, against higher-class opposition, teams like Rovers often get caught down the wings, but I thought Spurr and Henley coped pretty well, and generally avoided lunging in.
    I have never been Lowe's greatest fan, but he was very good today. He too seems to have picked up a yard of pace.
    In general, there wer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)