+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Stormy Weather

O/T Stormy Weather

On many news bulletins, news crews try and get as close to the "eye of the storm" as possible. Why do people risk their lives trying to capture the perfect picture? Throughout the UK and round the world there's often news of people losing their lives having being swept away to sea. It also puts those that have to try and find them at risk.

re: O/T Stormy Weather

[quote="wolves71" as possible. Why do people risk their lives trying to capture the perfect picture? Throughout the UK and round the world there's often news of people losing their lives having being swept away to sea. It also puts those that have to try and find them at risk.[/quote]

I must admit I am one who is intrigued by extreme weather, I remember being on holiday in Florida in 1992 when Hurricane Andrew hit and am ashamed to say I found it all pretty exciting! One of the things that is on my Bucket list and it may ultimately contribute to my demise is to travel to Tornado Alley(Texas, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma) and witness a Twister up close.
    But I do understand what you mean about loss of life and the risk imposed on Emergency services but sometimes people have to get in close in order to do research that may be of use in the future for the advancement of early warn

A lot of breathtaking pictures out there, capturing the 30ft waves and higher. Can't argue with what you say Eve. Some of sky news this morning put get themselves so close to the edge, vehicles deriving into flooded areas and then get stuck. I think it's a thing where their though process is "can't happen to me".

When I was a lad I remember a thing called a telephoto lens (actually owned a 600mm one once that allowed me to shoot photos and capture images 12Xs as close...great for shots from the stands at sporting events)! One would think that would be good enough for most people!?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)