+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4-2-3-1 - simply doesn't work!!

re: 4-2-3-1 - simply doesn't work!!

Why bring dowie into the squad in the first place. We hadn't been bad at the back with Higgins and durnan in the centre and holt has shown we have one of the best left backs in the league, but yet Higgins is initially dropped to allow dowie back in and now holt has to step aside. I said earlier in the season we had to give the manager a chance, and in my opinion he started to get near his stronger side on the pitch, however he has started to revert to his earlier selections. Results don't lie and I struggle to remember a game we have won with the same defence as yesterday.
    A blind man can see Higgins is never a left back, but is a good solid centre half so how mr McIntyre sees this back four as adequate is unbelievable.
    I for one have finally lost patience with the manager. He has made one blunder to many now, with the signing of Antell, the changes in formation, the money spent on positions that were not required and failure to sign players for positions that cover is required. H

We are crying out for someone in the mould of Hamilton's Antione Curier, a front player with physical presence and ability who is not easily brushed off the ball unlike our lightweight forwards, and who can score goals and set up teammates. Playing as part of a front two in a 4 4 2 formation of course.
    TinkerMc just couldn't resist the temptation to alter the line-up of a winning team although to be fair we are not privy to the situation behind the scenes. Holt's performance at Cowdenbeath in my view was not bad enough for him to be dropped yesterday but if I recall he did take a knock so was maybe not 100% fit for a starting place. Higgins has played at left back before with varying levels of success but to bring him in if Holt was fully fit, especially after a couple of weeks out of the team, appeared to be another mysterious McIntyre decision.
    If the current crop of players are to keep us in this division then the Manager must play them in the formation that they are best at and tha

It will be a struggle to the end of the season.
    Queens will not sack McIntrye so we will have to hope that we stay in this league.
    Doing things like playing a centre half at left back is a worry and going with one up front just does not work.
    Maybe someone will talk some sense into McIntyre before it is to late

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)