+ Visit Tottenham Hotspur FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fryers or Rose?

Fryers or Rose?

Time to give Fryers a chance at LB? He cannot be any worse than what we have.
    Sorry, but I don't think Rose is good enough.
    His distribution and positioning are poor and like I have been saying he gets caught in possession too much. He has done what he did today in each game he's played in, but until today got away with it.
    He has been injured, but he has had a few games now and he is committing the same errors each game.
    It would not be so bad if he was tearing down the left and getting quality crosses in but he hasn't.

Maybe there is something wrong off field?

I think maybe Fryers should be given a go the next two games. All Rose has on him is a season in experience. Fryers has just as much pace and is probably stronger.
    I liked the look of him v Stoke.
    Anyway, he has not made as many errors as Rose has in the games he has played. Why not?

re: Fryers or Rose?

Quote Originally Posted by danegee
    Time to give Fryers a chance at LB? He cannot be any worse than what we have.
    Sorry, but I don't think Rose is good enough.
    His distribution and positioning are poor and like I have been saying he gets caught in possession too much. He has done what he did today in each game he's played in, but until today got away with it.
    He has been injured, but he has had a few games now and he is committing the same errors each game.
    It would not be so bad if he was tearing down the left and getting quality crosses in but he hasn't.

Maybe there is something wrong off field?

I think maybe Fryers should be given a go the next two games. All Rose has on him is a season in experience. Fryers has just as much pace and is probably stronger.
    I liked the look of him v Stoke.
    Anyway, he has not made as many errors as Rose has in the games he has played. Why not?
    I agree also with this, Danegee. His mistake yesterday was catastrophic and what I didn'

When Rose came back against Anzhi he looked completely out of sorts, slow off the mark, poor positioning, woeful distribution and also looked to be carrying some extra weight. I thought give him a few more games to get sharp but against the ar$e he was caught several times, and ultimately probably cost us the match. (That said, I think that wenger had done his homework and they targetted our back four as they all like to dwell on the ball and they were all getting closed down very quickly).

I'm not convinced by Fryers either (or bringing Benny back). I also think that we need Jan back in the middle to give us a bit more strength and organisation. That might help out Danny or Zeki.

COYS

This is a difficult one in that I don't rate Fryers very highly but he's young and you never know but Rose's mistake was disastrous coming so soon after Walker was fouled in the box for a nailed on pen IMO!!

I know there are some Benni fans out there but he isn't the answer either as Vert has been our best LB this season and its not his position and, anyway, we need him in the centre of our defence.

Defensively we've got big problems which we get away with against crap like ManUre (are you listening thicko Keane??????) but get found out against the top sides!!

I also thought it was because he was rusty. Yet he did the same thing (got robbed in possession) at Southampton, Man U and Arse. Now I cannot remember if he did v WBA.
    You don't get caught on the ball like that every other game
    You don't make the same mistakes over and over.
    HE did it at Man u and then again 3 days later.

We failed to get a LB in the summer.
    If we want to progress then we have to get one in the window. We cannot hope Rose will improve.
    If you look at what side most teams are having joy against us and what side we are less offensive going forward it's the left.

Fryers is the only other logical option if Jan must play CB.
    Why does everyone not trust him? He has had no chance to prove himself. He didn't do too bad v Stoke. When he has played he has not made as many mistakes as Rose has. So, why the lack of trust?

I can't understand why we bought him (and why Fergie was so mad we got him) if he is no good and never to be given a chance.

Naughton is right footed and

Totally agree Danegee, the LB position is killing us at the mo'!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)