+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ings and/or Vokes

Ings and/or Vokes

Heard talk on the radio today theorising on either Vokes or Ings joining us. Whilst both scored today, they did so against a very poor central defensive partnership. Also, both looked to be overweight, in the same way SRL was when he joined us. In fact, most of Burnley's team looked overweight, but perhaps that's just a Championship thing?

For me, I didn't see enough to warrant giving either of them a chance and think we should be concentrating on targeting a proven goal scorer used to top flight football.

re: Ings and/or Vokes

That's right you don't want to be signing any of our fatties.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyweasel
    Heard talk on the radio today theorising on either Vokes or Ings joining us. Whilst both scored today, they did so against a very poor central defensive partnership. Also, both looked to be overweight, in the same way SRL was when he joined us. In fact, most of Burnley's team looked overweight, but perhaps that's just a Championship thing?

For me, I didn't see enough to warrant giving either of them a chance and think we should be concentrating on targeting a proven goal scorer used to top flight football.
    Maybe you could do a swap with Rooney and Shaw.

Even though both are Saints fans, I agree with you. I'd also recommend Burnley appoint a dietician and cut down on the deep fried Mars Bars or whatever you Northerners are feeding them

Can we swap one of them for Fox.

In fact we could just give them Fox.

Even though both are Saints fans, I agree with you. I'd also recommend Burnley appoint a dietician and cut down on the deep fried Mars Bars or whatever you Northerners are feeding them
    WTF are you feeding fatboy Lambert then???

Yeah he's a right tub 'o lard...

(That's him scoring for England btw)

I recommend you visit Specsavers.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    I recommend you visit Specsavers. [/quote]

Why?

Whilst I expect you to defend your team, fact remains your players looked overweight. We had the same issues with Lambert when he joined but the fitness levels now demanded of our players has seen his excess weight disappear, and his overall play improve, to such an extent he's played for England. Not sure if you were at SMS today but we bossed the midfield, as one would expect a PL team to do. In fact we were quicker and played a much higher tempo game than you all afternoon. Fortunately for you your in form Vokes and Ings were up against a decidedly average defensive pairing in Hooiveld and the jap. Yes you huffed and puffed, and exploited

I recommend you visit Specsavers. [/quote]

Why?

Whilst I expect you to defend your team, fact remains your players looked overweight. We had the same issues with Lambert when he joined but the fitness levels now demanded of our players has seen his excess weight disappear, and his overall play improve, to such an extent he's played for England. Not sure if you were at SMS today but we bossed the midfield, as one would expect a PL team to do. In fact we were quicker and played a much higher tempo game than you all afternoon. Fortunately for you your in form Vokes and Ings were up against a decidedly average defensive pairing in Hooiveld and t

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast