+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: optimism subsided

optimism subsided

being the eternal optimist for my beloved team , i today watched a most inept display i have seen for many a year , and believe me i,ve seen a few... they played today against the lowest side in league 1 looking for a goalless draw ,it was such a pathetic performance , no direction from above no ability on the pitch... have the players and the coaching staff and manager fallen into the owners idea that the keepmoat will one day pretty soon (within 5 years) be a building site for lakeside 2 & 3 bedroom dwellings ... wellens gone duffy to be sold de-val may as well go back and play in spain for what little chance he,s got for playing for dickov & co. definately out of favour . i don,t expect any quality joining during transfer window,only best players leaving... please god someone do something to help the fans enjoy their team again,wishful thinking...

re: optimism subsided

Prior to the season starting, and after I had purchased my season ticket, I took a good look at the sides in the championship, each teams squads, gates and budgetary constraints. I then came to the conclusion that the three sides most likely to be relegated to League 1 would be Barnsley, Yeovil and, unfortunately, the Rovers. So far, nothing I have seen, has changed my mind. I know we are in a very difficult dilemma at the moment, with all the injuries, but even if everybody was fit, I still do not believe we are any more than a league 1 side playing in the championship. Millwall, may well save us, as they are, on the performance at the Keepmoat, just as poor a side as we are. I do hope I am wrong, but unless we get some decent players in the window, I think its going to be one long hard season.:-(

Its clear we are heading for oblivion, the two stooges are not interested in football full stop, a nice housing estate is their dream. Its obvious they are planning the clubs demise, and to be fair to them they are on the way to succeeding. As regards JR he made a great mistake in hiring Dickov, he seems to be on target for bettering is Oldham credentials, I cannot believe his comments after the game, he is the guy who decides tactics, selects the team, and should motivate them, which he clearly did not do. Its one direction I am afraid, division 1 or 2 may no be the bottom of the pit, I have never regretted spending money on a season ticket as I do now, I am retired and do not have a bottomless pit of money, I only wish I could face the those running this club and tell them what I really feel, which I feel restricted in doing here.

There's subterfuge afoot. I see nothing of the local press. Has there been editorial comment representing fans' concerns? Any expression of such on behalf of fans from your M.P. and/or leading Council members - your elected representatives? Is the Viking Supporter Co-operative making noises? Or are they all running scared?

Quote Originally Posted by toz1958
    I do hope I am wrong, but unless we get some decent players in the window, I think its going to be one long hard season.:-(
    Well unlike someone who effed off to South Africa for the winter and allowed a rubbish email to be sent out that the clowns working at the Free Press fell for, instead Terry Bramall(time that person got the praise he deserves) worked at getting players in,especially defenders that many clubs in the bottom half would've loved to have got,the good news just keeps comming

Quote Originally Posted by Alcott
    There's subterfuge afoot. I see nothing of the local press. Has there been editorial comment representing fans' concerns? Any expression of such on behalf of fans from your M.P. and/or leading Council members - your elected representatives? Is the Viking Supporter Co-operative making noises? Or are they all running scared?
    Nothing in the local press,good job you didnt read that shyte written in the Free Press two weeks ago then!!!! The VSC has said plenty,join the VSC and you wouldnt be so ill informed

Gadge, doing the rounds eh? Are you the recruiting officer for the VSC? So it's my turn to get your maniacal rants. Keep them coming as they lighten my day. I live 50- odd miles from Donny so the paper boy doesn't get this far.

Please desist for your own sake as you re-enforce your growing reputation as a saddo!

EEE BYE GUM.

Theres some doom merchants about.

Some astute new signings at the back

A 3 nil thumping to Wigan

And the KING is back.

All we need to do now is win the european cup 6 times.

Just imagine... even Oscar might force a grin

Thanks for the mention Wazzer it was most kind.
    I rarely grin as my dentures are usually in a jamjar in the bathroom.
    Nevertheless, if you would like a personal viewing it can be arranged for a small fee subject to appointment.

Hell hath no fury like a wummer scorned!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast