+ Visit Ipswich Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PNE v Ipswich

re: PNE v Ipswich - Me and my son in 1978

Quote Originally Posted by MickMillsMoustache
    Where was that MMM?[/quote]

Believe it or not, in the vaults of the police station in Civic Drive, Ipswich, where the cup was kept in its velvet lined wooden case.

During the 70s I had my own photographic business (sales and servicing - not a photographer) and we pretty much had all the local photographic departments as sole customers to us(EADT, Police, Hospital, Electricity Board, Ransomes etc etc), in fact anyone, who THEN (not now) had a photographic section, and the lads who did the police photos let me take my family and our cleaning lady/babysitter** (who was a mad Town fan) down there - they even took the photos!
    ** She had a regular seat in the Cobbold stand,(been going for years) and when she died they made an announcement about it before the start of the

Europe, now you lot are just showing off, the only place I have been with PNE in Europe is Cardiff and Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by MickMillsMoustache
    Remember that Barcelona game was standing back of Churchmans crowd surged ended up at front couldn't see much after that
    You MUST remember seeing me at the other end sitting on the pitch by the goal? [/quote]

Expect i have seen you loads as i went to every home game in the 70,s even though lived in Brighton

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE
    Europe, now you lot are just showing off, the only place I have been with PNE in Europe is Cardiff and Wrexham
    Just reliving glory days which we will never see again .Beating Man u 6-0 and missing 3 pens.
    WE didn't think those days would end. Our little Ipswich mixing it with and beating AC MILAN,INTER,BARCELONA It was fun

Dont blame ya Gooseman as Ipswich had a fab side in the 70s and early 80s. i remember watching the tractor boys on the European nights and mixing it with the Liverpools and the like in the league and FA Cup.

[quote="Itfc_In_Hull_2011" date="17:20 on 06 Jan
    Anyway back to your post.Yeah you should get some photos scanned in for us all to see. [/quote]

Have already tried to scan them (they are all on transparencies) with a slide scanner I bought last year but the results were absolute rubbish. Results were all burnt out, so I need to modify the scanner when I have a chance OR I may have another go at photographing them from a projected image, which I have done in the past with family photos and they came out quite well.

Whatever, it is a job I need to do as there are some very good photos of players and managers etc. taken actually on the pitch.

Leave it with me!

Quote Originally Posted by gooseman
    Just reliving glory days which we will never see again .Beating Man u 6-0 and missing 3 pens.
    WE didn't think those days would end. Our little Ipswich mixing it with and beating AC MILAN,INTER,BARCELONA It was fun [/quote]

Taking into consideration what has happened to The Town over the last decade or so, it is only now that we can fully appreciate just what a fabulous team that was under Sir Bobby in the late 70s/early 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE
    Well, at least you got out and about sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by gooseman
    Remember that Barcelona game was standing back of Churchmans crowd surged ended up at front couldn't see much after that
    You MUST remember seeing me at the other end sitting on the pitch by the goal? [/quote]

Expect i have seen you loads as i went to every home game in the 70,s even though lived in Brighton [/quote]

Wow Goose! That's some keenness there!

Won't let me post to the same one again, so...

"Wow did you ever find any footage anywhere of the game? Back then must of been awesome to watch Town play the likes of the teams mentioned.One for our older fans to remember.

I think the biggest Town game I have been to was in the Uefa Cup when we played Helsinborg at home and I bumped into Mark Lawrenson on the stairs.Have many ex players as close friends of my Dad back from the early 90's.Met most of the travelling players at PR when I went with my dad who worked at the ground."

So you have some great memories too!
    The only DVD I have of that period is the final of course, which I taped live off the BBC and a follow up prog. that Look East did of the celebrations.

Apart from that, I found this on YouTube:-
    (See below) where there are plenty of other clips of The Town - Enjoy! - view external link

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)