+ Visit Ipswich Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PNE v Ipswich

PNE v Ipswich

Apologies had to start a new post due to the previous Ipswich Preston post with its rather large distractions and having problems losing my train of thought

How did you think the game went, according to what you read on the PNE website we deserved at least the draw. Can you tractor boys if possible give me an unbiaised view on how you saw the game. We have a fab away record this season and the last 7 games we have picked up 19 out of 21 points so I suspected Ipswich would have had to play as near as damn it full team to beat us which begs the next question, did you rest several players and if so did you agree with that as its the age old argument on priorities.

In my eyes the FA Cup is still the greatest club cup in the world and brings together all manner of levels of teams and still has that magic no matter what the media say.

re: PNE v Ipswich

Sorry to say that I am probably the only one to reply as there are only 4 of us on this board, we only seem to “meet” once a week and I’m the only one that lives in Ipswich, and having a disabled wife can only listen to it on the radio.

Yup, not surprised you got distracted – when the game goes tits-up our minds tend to wander. Two of us have lost our avatars owing to the powers that be changing servers and they have gone off into cyberspace – Hull’s was of Sophie Howard and is much missed. Hence the “viewing gallery”.

Don’t know about you deserving the draw, the way I feel it was a shame you didn’t win it and probably deserved to, seemingly wanting it more than we did as we did our usual of sitting back when we go one up. I’ve suggested we should have “1-1” on the club badge. :/

FA Cup the greatest competition? Probably, but since we won it in ’78 it seems to have lost its charm over the years as it seems now to be all about the leagues and money, and personally I can never

re: PNE v Ipswich - Me and my son in 1978

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE
    Apologies had to start a new post due to the previous Ipswich Preston post with its rather large distractions and having problems losing my train of thought

How did you think the game went, according to what you read on the PNE website we deserved at least the draw. Can you tractor boys if possible give me an unbiaised view on how you saw the game. We have a fab away record this season and the last 7 games we have picked up 19 out of 21 points so I suspected Ipswich would have had to play as near as damn it full team to beat us which begs the next question, did you rest several players and if so did you agree with that as its the age old argument on priorities.

In my eyes the FA Cup is still the greatest club cup in the world and brings together all manner of levels of teams and still has that magic no matter what the media say.
    Thought PNE deserved the replay and was unlucky not to win it in the last few minutes.We did rest

Quote Originally Posted by MickMillsMoustache
    Where was that MMM?

[quote="MickMillsMoustache"]Sorry to say that I am probably the only one to reply as there are only 4 of us on this board, we only seem to “meet” once a week and I’m the only one that lives in Ipswich, and having a disabled wife can only listen to it on the radio.

Yup, not surprised you got distracted – when the game goes tits-up our minds tend to wander. Two of us have lost our avatars owing to the powers that be changing servers and they have gone off into cyberspace – Hull’s was of Sophie Howard and is much missed. Hence the “viewing gallery”.

Don’t know about you deserving the draw, the way I feel it was a shame you didn’t win it and probably deserved to, seemingly wanting it more than we did as we did our usual of sitting back when we go one up. I’ve suggested we should have “1-1” on the club badge. :/

FA Cup the greatest competition? Probably, but since we won it in ’78 it seems to have lost its charm over the years as it seems now to be all

Well would you believe it, Notts Forest away, not the best of incentives I'm afraid for either club. Plus most PNE fans hate that little sh**e Davies, what a weasel.

Quote Originally Posted by Itfc_In_Hull_2011
    Where was that MMM?[/quote]

Believe it or not, in the vaults of the police station in Civic Drive, Ipswich, where the cup was kept in its velvet lined wooden case.

During the 70s I had my own photographic business (sales and servicing - not a photographer) and we pretty much had all the local photographic departments as sole customers to us(EADT, Police, Hospital, Electricity Board, Ransomes etc etc), in fact anyone, who THEN (not now) had a photographic section, and the lads who did the police photos let me take my family and our cleaning lady/babysitter** (who was a mad Town fan) down there - they even took the photos!
    ** She had a regular seat in the Cobbold stand,(been going for years) and when she died they made an announcement about it before the start of the next match - she was over the moon having her photo take

Remember that Barcelona game was standing back of Churchmans crowd surged ended up at front couldn't see much after that

Quote Originally Posted by gooseman
    Remember that Barcelona game was standing back of Churchmans crowd surged ended up at front couldn't see much after that
    You MUST remember seeing me at the other end sitting on the pitch by the goal?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)