+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Small Bright Spots

Two Small Bright Spots

Amidst today's capitulation.

I thought Calum Driver and Seb Lletget acquitted themselves creditably.

But once again it shows the need, imo, for some sort of stepping stone between the dev Squad and the first team. For most of them the step up was just too much.

But amongst the many negatives I thought Jarvis's performance was an absolute f_ucking scandal. The bloke appeared not to be trying instead of giving support to an inexperienced back 3.

re: Two Small Bright Spots

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyman
    Amidst today's capitulation.

I thought Calum Driver and Seb Lletget acquitted themselves creditably.

But once again it shows the need, imo, for some sort of stepping stone between the dev Squad and the first team. For most of them the step up was just too much.

But amongst the many negatives I thought Jarvis'performance was an absolute f_ucking scandal. The bloke appeared not to be trying instead of giving support to an inexperienced back 3.
    Jarvis's performance thus far have not been eyecatching in the least, as for Driver and lletget, can't say i noticed under this total waste of time, just overwhelmed with the abstract failure i suppose.

Whiskyman

I said during the game that I thought Callum Driver was our MOTM.

I have also sung Seb Lletget's praise over the last 3 seasons but he has always been overlooked for a Premier League outing.

These two stood head and shoulders above the rest of the bunch though every youngster who played for us today tried his hardest. That they did not succeed was not down to them but rather to the callous management of an uncaring over-paid useless portly manager who sacrificed them to prove that he has been right all along about not using youngsters in his squad.

He could have mixed some in with some senior players so the blend was just right but he deliberately did not.

He could have played Lee, Turgott, and Chambers in this game but deliberately left the first two on the bench and only brought Turgott on when it was too late to change things around and did not even bother picking Chambers for the squad

Agree whisyman. But Maiga was truly awful today.

Funny how we all see things slightly differently.

For me I thought Whitehead had quite good technique, I would certainly like to see how he performs next to Noble, Diame & Morrison with a good defence behind him.

As I said on the other thread Lee, Chambers & Turgott should have been the youngsters parachuted in.

Jarvis's performance was a worry,not once did he beat his marker,one of the players it is now time to sell.yes not a bright spot.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperIrons
    Whiskyman

I said during the game that I thought Callum Driver was our MOTM.

I have also sung Seb Lletget's praise over the last 3 seasons but he has always been overlooked for a Premier League outing.

These two stood head and shoulders above the rest of the bunch though every youngster who played for us today tried his hardest. That they did not succeed was not down to them but rather to the callous management of an uncaring over-paid useless portly manager who sacrificed them to prove that he has been right all along about not using youngsters in his squad.

He could have mixed some in with some senior players so the blend was just right but he deliberately did not.

He could have played Lee, Turgott, and Chambers in this game but deliberately left the first two on the bench and only brought Turgott on when it was too late to change things around and did not even bother picking Chambers for the squad
    Completely agree about th

we had a B team today imo,

were you to follow the majority of posts they are mainly concentrated on the 'could haves'

could have played him
    could have played this formation
    could have played more 1ST team players
    could have, could have,

and then.. we should have!!

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn

were you to follow the majority of posts they are mainly concentrated on the 'could haves'

could have played him
    could have, could have,

Of course we had a B team today. But the overall criticism, and I agree with it, seems to be it was just a little silly to expect a bunch of kids, accustomed to playing at a level about conference standard (?) to step up to the plate en masse. Particularly as we were playing a team only a few places below us in the game's hierarchy.

And unfortunately we don't have the framework in the English game to do it any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyman

could have played him
    could have, could have,

Of course we had a B team today. But the overall criticism, and I agree with it, seems to be it was just a little silly to expect a bunch of kids, accustomed to playing at a level about conference standard (?) to step up to the plate en masse. Particularly as we were playing a team only a few places below us in the game's hierarchy.

And unfortunately we don't have the framework in the English game to do it any other way.[/quote]all or most of your posts are related to that successful system in Germany of having a B Lge where you can field all academies against each other on a weekly basis,

do for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)