+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should he stay or should he go ...?

Should he stay or should he go ...?

Still plenty discussions going on in and around town whether Jim McIntyre should be sacked / resign or should be given more time to turn things around at Palmerston & hopefully start climbing the league table .

At the halfway mark of the season we've won 6 , drew 4 & lost 8 league games - 22 points from a possible 54 points & sit in 8th place with a game in hand .

Personally I didn't think this season would be as easy as some fans may of thought but I must admit I did expect us to have more points on board .

Your thoughts please

Stay , Go or undecided ?

re: Should he stay or should he go ...?

I will try to be reasonable about this . No, he isn't the man to take us forward and has been a dissapointing appointment. He is going around in circles with his team selections and now seems to be no further forward in getting his preferred eleven than he was at the start of the season. He finally 'stumbled ' across our best back four and then amazingly has started to pick it apart again. We had a centre half playing left back instead of our established left back and this was just nonsensical . We then proceeded to lose two goals in ten minutes and effectively the game was out of reach. If I was Blount or Hewittson , I wouldn't trust him bringing in another player but on the other hand we must ensure we are in this league next season. Food for thought now . We have only beaten one full time team in the Championship and its a team that everyone is beating . To say we are underachieving with what we have is a big understatement. Finally, he won't be dispensed of so get used to it. We ha

I'll give one thing JR , you speak from the heart & are obviously a very passionate Queens fan

I agree with you that I don't think he'll be sacked and we'll just have to hope things improve for the 2nd half of the season

[quote="JRSLEFTPEG"]I will try to be reasonable about this . No, he isn't the man to take us forward and has been a dissapointing appointment. He is going around in circles with his team selections and now seems to be no further forward in getting his preferred eleven than he was at the start of the season. He finally 'stumbled ' across our best back four and then amazingly has started to pick it apart again. We had a centre half playing left back instead of our established left back and this was just nonsensical . We then proceeded to lose two goals in ten minutes and effectively the game was out of reach. If I was Blount or Hewittson , I wouldn't trust him bringing in another player but on the other hand we must ensure we are in this league next season. Food for thought now . We have only beaten one full time team in the Championship and its a team that everyone is beating . To say we are underachieving with what we have is a big understatement. Finally, h

I think Jim McIntyre should stay until the end of the season, only because Im not sure if we would benefit with someone new coming in. That said this season has still been a bit of a letdown and the manager has to take some of the blame for that.

From last seasons Div 2 Record breaking winning team we only lost 2 key players: Nicky Clark and Lee Robinson. Ian Russell was a very good replacement for Nicky Clark (thanks Allan Johnston). But instead of focussing on getting a good experienced goalkeeper, Jim McIntyre came in and focussed on getting another good centre half which we didnt need because we had an already settled strong defence which has now been tinkered with most of the season, and we see the result of that.

As someone else said: Our Manager's motto seems to be... "If its not broke. Change it".

On a positive he seems to have the backing of the players and Morton & Cowdenbeath do look the likely teams to finish 9 & 10. We are 4 points clear with a game in hand. Its a

My mistake Dobmeister. Yes, that long ago that I forgot about it. This game against Dundee was the ONLY one I have seen this season where we have played the kind of sustained, expansive football that I KNOW we are capable of . So frustrating when we know what we can do and it isn't happening . Thank goodness McIntyre at least sorted out the goalkeeping situation and I really felt sorry for Antel when things were going badly . That was until I seen his girlfriend and realised I was not all that sorry at all.

with the currant buns and the sons of william both heading for the championship next season you can bet your bottom dollar that billy hewitson will do everthing in his power to keep queens in this league even if it means getting rid of the manager

The bottom end of the league will be a rats nest to the end of season now. No one will give up with the promise of big pay days next season. Look at Cowdenbeath for instance . They could have the huns, diet huns ,nearby Falkirk and two Fife derbies at their tip IF they stay up . They will sweat blood to do this and had a great win at Alloa there.

one thing is sure Queens 50 year absence from playing in scotland's top league will definately continue

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn
    Still plenty discussions going on in and around town whether Jim McIntyre should be sacked / resign or should be given more time to turn things around at Palmerston & hopefully start climbing the league table .

At the halfway mark of the season we've won 6 , drew 4 & lost 8 league games - 22 points from a possible 54 points & sit in 8th place with a game in hand .

Personally I didn't think this season would be as easy as some fans may of thought but I must admit I did expect us to have more points on board .

Your thoughts please

Stay , Go or undecided ?
    Personally i didn't think my original thread would be plagiarised - view external link

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)