+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Tesco proposed development ...

re: The Tesco proposed development ...

I take it an option to "move" to Horsea island is well and truly dead now or is it still something that could be done at some point in the future?

Any redevelopement at the present site does not address the problem of access onto Portsea Island, i seriously believe the option of selling the park and relocating to Farlington should be reinvestigated. However , given our current plight sitting tight and doing nothing until its clear that the club has turned the corner on the pitch and is on the up seems for the present , the best option.

So do I. Lets be honest, FP is too landlocked to be refurbished properly. IMo PFC needs to look @ all the threads running on MB's. Only a matter of time before safety certificates for the N&SS become extremely problematic.

The Tesco proposed development ... would provide a much needed cash boost; However Portsmouth has many large and local Tesco stores, does Portsmouth need another?
    Many smaller traders in the Milton; Eastney and Fratton areas my well struggle and traffic concerns are also sighted. It would be good to see the area developed but is Tesco the only taker?

Quote Originally Posted by lovedeanblue
    I recall a Southern Electric (as it was called then) cable jointer telling me how all the utility services were cut off to the factories/units behind the North Stand. It was all ready to go Mandaric put the hard hat on, got the photo shoots he wanted and we know what then happened.
    Change of topic I know but Kitey, am thinking of a couple of away trips before the season ends. Daggers and Northampton are in my thoughts. What about you ?
    Milan even had a spade I seem to remember... hope to do Northampton but hadn't thought about D & R..will give it some attention.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)