+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Tesco proposed development ...

The Tesco proposed development ...

That's another thing that has gone quiet. The planning application reportedly was due to go in around Oct 11th. It hasn't gone in, anyone know owt about it ?

re: The Tesco proposed development ...

Quote Originally Posted by lovedeanblue
    That's another thing that has gone quiet. The planning application reportedly was due to go in around Oct 11th. It hasn't gone in, anyone know owt about it ?
    Ssssh!!!

On my e mail re the M.O.M award on Saturday I asked about this development too. This is the reply Johnny sent.

With regard the Tesco development, as I understand it, the matter is still very much ongoing but between the developer and the council with regard to dates etc.

So I thanked him for that, I shall have to wait patiently as I always try to do

Taken from the News

THE path has been cleared for a development to take place which could see Fratton Park turned into a 21st century stadium.

Three key stumbling blocks to a proposal to see a Tesco superstore built on land next to the stadium have been removed by Portsmouth City Council.

The football club says the deal will release funds which will mean investment can be made to redevelop the stadium.

But, as reported previously in The News, residents and other retailers say having a Tesco there will harm the livelihood of shops in the Fratton and Milton areas, and cause increased congestion.

Yesterday, Portsmouth City Councils cabinet members voted to sell a parcel of land off Anson Road to Point Estates LLP, which is owned by developer Stuart Robinson.

Point Estates leases the land, and will become the freeholder for an undisclosed sum.

The lease on a second parcel of land off Anson Road, currently leased by Point Estates, will be transferred to Portsmouth Community Footba

Yeah, could turn Fratton Park into a 21st-century stadium. By the 22nd century...

Of course it will be a great help to the plans for the development if Pompey are still in the Football League after this seasson.

For all the very latest news, go to:- Fratton parkredevelopment.kabaka.

The Tesco proposed development ...

Plans have been submitted, it could be open by next year if all goes well with 300 jobs created

And how many small local businesses will it close ? not so smart then is it !!!ffs

There's a Tesco not long opened in Eastney, A Co-op not that far around the corner in Highland Road. They haven't affected the Eastney shops, the Bransbury Park butcher won't go under for sure. If you don't like it Wolf you have the right to object as we all have

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)