+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Big Sam - Would You??

Big Sam - Would You??

It was embarrassing to watch against Forest and you had to feel sorry for the West Ham supporters who'd travelled in their thousands.

The West Ham board have issued their predictable statement but can anyone really see him lasting much longer?

Question is, would you have him back, if the obstacle of Gartside wasn't in the way?

I've always said no. He's been, he's done it, and he's gone. However, as he showed in the past, he is good at getting a team out of the sh1te in a lower league and at least getting them going, so for me it would be a yes now based on our current circumstances!!!

re: Big Sam - Would You??

I can't see him doing any worse than dougie so yes.

jimmy I would give my right arm to have the big guy back home where I believe he belongs big sam and bwfc are like two peas in a pod however the pod at the momemt is actualy a turd gartside.if he ever ever did return to his spiritual home I would celebrate by having a big ham shank for my tea the very same night.i did nearly almost have a big tattoo of him on my back and but for the expense I would have had it done and even now after all that's gone on I would still be proud of his face on my back[sounds a bit weird I know]

With the way it's going whatsmore when we look back big sam will have been the most successful manager we have ever had.

i would have the big man back in an heartbeat to sort out this mess but id be just as overjoyed if gartside ****ed off first to clear the way a bit but doubt we could afford his services in our financial state but on the other hand can we afford not to find the extra cash to bring in a proven manager wether it be sam or not to give us a chance of surviving a slow & very painful death

Spot on there dunc i'd rather use what money we have available to get sam back than give it to dougie to spend on players he won't know what to do with.

I could see it going tits up.

The game's so different now, as is the club. The Championship is more competitive. I can hardly imagine us picking up another Michael Ricketts, i.e. a 20 goal a season striker for £400k. Breaking into the Premiership top 6 isn't how it used to be either. You don't see many World Cup winners and African Player of the Year winners going to clubs like Bolton on a free anymore.

Everywhere he's been since Bolton, there's been big questions about his tactics. I don't understand why Bolton fans see him as like the only manager in the world that could sort the club out.
    If he came back, people would expect a return to the glory days overnight.

if i was eddie davies campo i would remove gartside before he ends up bankrupting him & sack dougie & cut my losses the hung for a sheep as a lamb scenario & roll the dice one more time to bring in the right man to get us going back in the right direction before we end up a quarter of a billion in debt in the next season or two.

[quote="danm1992"]I could see it going tits up.

The game's so different now, as is the club. The Championship is more competitive. I can hardly imagine us picking up another Michael Ricketts, i.e. a 20 goal a season striker for £400k. Breaking into the Premiership top 6 isn't how it used to be either. You don't see many World Cup winners and African Player of the Year winners going to clubs like Bolton on a free anymore.

Everywhere he's been since Bolton, there's been big questions about his tactics. I don't understand why Bolton fans see him as like the only manager in the world that could sort the club out.
    If he came back, people would expect a return to the glory days overnight.[/quote
    ]

its not a return to the glory days i would be seeking danm we,ve foolishly chased it once & its killing us now but being a yoyo club would do me for the next ten seasons if it meant us getting slowly back on a financial even keel.

never say never

however i just couldnt see it ever happening :-(

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)