+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the true positioning of fans views on BS as Manager?

What is the true positioning of fans views on BS as Manager?

Supporting West Ham United has always been a roller coaster ride but the last few years have presented any number of bizarre twists and turns. It took a while for the Davids to achieve some degree of stability and following their disastrous appointment of Avram Grant, the man they chose to achieve this on the playing field was Sam Allardyce, affectionately known as Big Sam (BS). Now as most of us know BS is also synonymous with another well know term, which appears to be the dominant commodity that oozes out of the club?s official channels at the present time.

A prime example is the latest post match email released by the beloved BS, which many of you presumably also receive. Before BS writes his masterpieces (assuming they are not ghost written) he must presumably consult with the fairies at the bottom of his garden. I quote the following extract from his musings on the forest debacle.

?We were having our best spell attacking wise against Nottingham Forest, but you have to be caref

Well ask yourself, is he the 13th best manager in the world. If the ans Yes then retain him.

If the ans is No then he should not be manager.

It really is that simple. I would bet you can't find one poster on the entire footymad network who believes Sam is the 13 best manager throughout all the leagues worldwide.

I dare somebody to say he is

1 Pep Guardiola, Bayern Munich, ?14.8m
    2 Jose Mourinho, Chelsea, ?8.37m
    3 Marcelo Lippi, Guangzhou, ?8.34m
    4 Arsene Wenger, Arsenal, ?6.89m
    5 Fabio Capello, Russia, ?6.51m
    6 Carlo Ancelotti, Real Madrid, ?6.26m
    7 David Moyes, Man United, ?4.92m
    8 Tata Martino, Barcelona, ?4.5m
    9 Jurgen Klopp, Borussia Dortmund, ?3.59m
    10 Manuel Pellegrini, Man City, ?3.47m
    11 Jorge Jesus, Benfica, ?3.34m
    12 Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool, ?3.25m
    13 Sam Allardyce, West Ham, ?2.95m
    13 Roy Hodgson, England, ?2.95m
    15 Roberto Mancini, Galatasaray, ?2.92m
    15 Rafa Benitez, Napoli, ?2.92m
    17 Luciano Spaletti, Zenit, ?2.75m
    18 Claudio Ranieri, Monaco, ?2.5m
    18 Laurent Bla

I just think he should have told the fans he was playing a weakened side before you made an early sunday morning 100 and odd mile trip. There is more chance of winning the FA Cup by West Ham than the League cup semis v Man City.
    You deserve a better manager

Quote Originally Posted by Annesleyred1865
    I just think he should have told the fans he was playing a weakened side before you made an early sunday morning 100 and odd mile trip. There is more chance of winning the FA Cup by West Ham than the League cup semis v Man City.
    He did. Everyone knew he would be playing some of the kids.

True we knew it was inevitable, and was also told. But he could have had more firsters there. Jussi was fit i presume, and some of the others.

Nah, Sam can walk, i dont like the thought of going down,but could handle it better if we played football and gave all, but we are going down with a whimper instead of a mighty growl.

Samantha is trying to play it safe to ensure his own future here, and in doing so actually burying us deeper into the zone of no return.

Hes had half a season to see where hes going wrong, but instead sticks to his own belief that he is always right. Never mind , always got that old excuse, my hands are tied, too many injuries. Yeh sure, how many did we have at the beginning of the season when he insisted on sticking to his look for Carroll scenerio without a Carroll.

I like many, think hes a dinosaur that should have gone into extinction seasons ago. Balls to the lump it football, lets at least go down watching football.

i stopped reading the lying (unts e-mails and listening to his bullsh1t interviews well over a year ago. most people reading and listening don't attend and he talks a fu(king good game. it reflects reality not 30% though. hence swerving the blagger. fair play, he knows how to play the media game, just struggles to play a decent game of football.

over the past year or so i've slated the owners ... i've often said that the future is not bright with those two and the wannabee politician running the show and i myself have been slated too

but obviously i have been wrong ... they're really taking us to the next level and also they're persisting in backing a top, top manager

as they said about competing in europe etc ... time has gone by so surely there's only another year or two before we host europe's best teams

hope you are all as excited as i am

sam is obviously the right man because the two davids say so ... and they know what's best for the club eh ?

Jaffa I think you must have been locked in the deepest darkest mine for a couple of years to have views like that!

Shame on you.

Try forgetting that 'they' and 'he' are the chosen ones because they say so.

Stand tall and support us in the second division next season.

I've never liked the man, but was determined not to let my personal feelings cloud my support. Unfortunately, it's all going wrong for him and, as the man is so easy to dislike, even I am now starting to want him gone.

The problem for the board and all of us is, who the fu(k would the 2 D's get if we did sack him?

If you could guarantee me, say, a Harry Redknapp, I'd sack him tomorrow. Change that to Alex McLeish and my answer might change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironworks1
    He did. Everyone knew he would be playing some of the kids.[/quote]

bl00dy hell, I wish I could change my username so I don't get confused with you right now.

Granted you are correct to a point, he did say that he would play youth, what he failed to say was he was going to play a formation so poor that they had no chance of winning, the fact that he would take off senior players at the point he needed to put more on and basically hang them out to dry.

Your support of the fat toad is baffling to me right now, how pleased will you be when he takes us down?, or will you spout the cr@p about him being the best guy to take us

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)