+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the true positioning of fans views on BS as Manager?

What is the true positioning of fans views on BS as Manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggerts_Ears
    I just think he should have told the fans he was playing a weakened side before you made an early sunday morning 100 and odd mile trip. There is more chance of winning the FA Cup by West Ham than the League cup semis v Man City.
    You deserve a better manager
    He did. Everyone knew he would be playing some of the kids.[/quote]

bl00dy hell, I wish I could change my username so I don't get confused with you right now.

Granted you are correct to a point, he did say that he would play youth, what he failed to say was he was going to play a formation so poor that they had no chance of winnin

A very thorough response that actually describes the reasons for your opinion rather than a 1 liner, like 'he did'

Don't you think it strange the substitutions he made and the fact we completely fell apart when he took off the only senior player in defence? He threw the towel in and threw the youth guys to the lambs. Even if they didn't make a suitable step up, that was just callous and below the belt, he cant be excused for that behavior.

[quote="Hammerman69"]

I wish everyone would calm down...this site is a nightmare. YES, he did publish that he would play the kids, the ticket was A?15 and in fact, I went up there looking forward to seeing how they would play and given the injuries, I would have been disappointed if we had played more first teamers.

However, MY PERSONAL OPINION (and I have to write this or I will just get abuse like the above thread) is that the formation complaint is just a lame excuse...these kids just were not good enough from beginning to end and would have lost whatever formation we played...they were extremely lightweight and were being knocked off the ball all over the place...some (Whitehead, Driver) looked quite composed and could pass the ball but they are not strong enough...the game has changed a lot over the years and IMO the step up from U21 is very big indeed. Even Potts looked poor. They could have played with 7 at the back but their positional sense was po

[quote="only1salty"]

I wish everyone would calm down...this site is a nightmare. YES, he did publish that he would play the kids, the ticket was A?15 and in fact, I went up there looking forward to seeing how they would play and given the injuries, I would have been disappointed if we had played more first teamers.

However, MY PERSONAL OPINION (and I have to write this or I will just get abuse like the above thread) is that the formation complaint is just a lame excuse...these kids just were not good enough from beginning to end and would have lost whatever formation we played...they were extremely lightweight and were being knocked off the ball all over the place...some (Whitehead, Driver) looked quite composed and could pass the ball but they are not strong enough...the game has changed a lot over the years and IMO the step up from U21 is very big indeed. Even Potts looked poor. They could have played with

Quote Originally Posted by IronworksFC
    A very thorough response that actually describes the reasons for your opinion rather than a 1 liner, like 'he did'

Don't you think it strange the substitutions he made and the fact we completely fell apart when he took off the only senior player in defence? He threw the towel in and threw the youth guys to the lambs. Even if they didn't make a suitable step up, that was just callous and below the belt, he cant be excused for that behavior.
    No...Maybe I am wrong but I read that as that these two players (Downing and Diarra) would be playing on Wednesday from the start but only time will tell whether I am right or wrong and frankly as long as we give a decent account of ourselves I do not much care.

Bolton fan here, for your information chaps, Big Sam showed disrespect to the FA cup on several occasions whilst managing us. He never showed an ounce of sympathy for the fans paying out their hard earned dosh.

Good luck for the rest of the season lads.

he has never liked playing the kids

he doesn't have respect for the cup ( i went to old trafford previously and made my feelings known then)

hey presto, the magical combo

throw ALL the kids into a competition he doesn't like/want, fail terribly, then he will state this justifies the lack of youth in future

i 100% believe what i have just posted

bolton man - you had okocha mate, that's all i hear so that justifies the mans status as a god (in some peoples eyes) but not mine

appreciate the comment, always good to know how players/managers are viewed from other supporters back in the day

frank's view

c+p

McAvennie: it's time for change

Frank McAvennie believes that West Ham are taking "a major gamble" by sticking with Sam Allardyce - but insists that they can still avoid relegation.

The Hammers legend, speaking in an exclusive interview with the KUMB.com Podcast - the latest episode of which is now available - revealed that despite having initially backed the appointment of Allardyce, he has since lost faith with the manager due to the team's dreadful first half of the 2013/14 campaign that leaves them just one place off the bottom of the Premier League.

"I think a change of manager might help," said McAvennie, who scored 60 goals for the Hammers in 191 appearances between 1985-92. "Sam's got a lot of backroom staff but it doesn't matter how many stats you fling at me, the game is simple - he can either get the ball down and play, or he can't. Unfortunately there's too many players there that aren't good enough to play in the Premier League, let alone play for Wes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)