+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ryan Donnelly

Ryan Donnelly

In today's Courier he is to leave Brechin by mutual consent. Might be worth getting in. Decent striker on his day.

re: Ryan Donnelly

Don't think I have seen Ryan Donnelly playing, so don't want to make a knee jerk judgement.

However, if he was struggling to get first team football at both Airdrie and Brechin I have doubts he would be the right fit for Arbroath ?

I may be wrong but I think Cook was in the same
    position at Airdrie last season.ie unable to get a regular game?

He had a trial at Wigan under Martinez in 2012 and scored 25 in 33 for Airdrie. I think he has scored 4 goals in 8 starts plus a few substitute appearances for Brechin. Airdrie have also released David Sinclair who also had a trial down south.

Morton seem to be the team doing the most in's and out's this window. They are signing a lot of free agents but also getting rid of a lot of their current squad. - view external link

With Doris's ongoing fitness issues we could really do with a striker. Donnelly would certainly be livelier than our present options. He tore us apart at Airdrie a couple of seasons ago. Can't understand why he hasn't done better.

It's worryingly quiet on the signings front!

The January transfer window was introduced for the clubs playing european football - it's ridiculous that the teams in the lower leagues have such restrictions.

It's the same for summer football - the only reason we don't have summer football is because the bigger clubs in the top leagues need to be ready for the games in europe.

In terms of new signings, Sheerin might have to wait until late January, as players will be holding out hoping to get the offer of full time football.

It's not easy signing the players on your "wish list".

With 2 winnable home games coming up imo we need to get new players in sooner rather than later. We are still in touch with the teams immediately above us and 2 wins would see us back in the mix. On the other hand, no points from these games will see us pretty isolated. Even offering Donnelly a few games on trial might help us right now.

I would deffo sign Ryan Donnelly as you do not become a bad player overnight and sometimes moving to certain clubs/Managers does not work out.

I also noticed big John Gemmill has been on the bench the last few Stenny games, so what if he is a t-wat I would rather have him in our team than playing against us, lets put in a bid for him.

Offer him training facilities, would be a way to at least have a look

I also noticed Lawrence shankland going to Dunfermline on loan to end of season now he would have been ideal for our striker problems.And Vidic is out of contract soon defence sorted

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)