+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five players extend contracts

Five players extend contracts

well done Queens on getting Burns, Durnan,
    Mckenna, Holt and Russell to sign one year extensions to their contracts

re: Five players extend contracts

That's really good news . Massive respect to the manager & the directors at Palmerston

Excellent news! Good to see us act quickly and get key players signed up. Hopefully a few more will follow.

That is good business. Very few players in Scottish Championship can command a transfer fee but I feel that both Durnan and Holt could potentially have fallen into this category if they were to show a sustained bout of good form so it makes absolute sense to get these two on board.Russell Burns and McKenna are all solid performers - makes sense to signify our intentions.

Of the other players I see Paton as a priority but suspect he may be hedging his bets.

Those were the days!

I got slightly excited reading the thread title, but to bump it from 2014 and then see it was a wasted exercise to bother bumping it at all, leaves me rather deflated.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    I got slightly excited reading the thread title, but to bump it from 2014 and then see it was a wasted exercise to bother bumping it at all, leaves me rather deflated.
    Given we already know Dykes and Todd are away as well of course the loan players in all honesty I think I might struggle to think of 5 players I`d want us to keep. Depends what league we`re in next season of course.

I`d keep Dobbie, Marshall, Doyle, Stirling. Not sure about a 5th TBH.

lol dobmeister im not so sure naysmith would have stirling on that list ,a player that will never fit into his styles of play ,im defo with you on those 4 players tho ,out of the rest id keep the youngster bell who i can see lots of potential in ,and possibly murray .

There is a huge number of players who contracts are due to expire this year so it could be a great opportunity to bring in some new players to replace some of our existing ones. Although we don't have the budget of other teams the lack of depth in our squad may mean players are more willing to join as they know they will get game time.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/scottis...wettbewerb/SC2

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    There is a huge number of players who contracts are due to expire this year so it could be a great opportunity to bring in some new players to replace some of our existing ones. Although we don't have the budget of other teams the lack of depth in our squad may mean players are more willing to join as they know they will get game time.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/scottis...wettbewerb/SC2

i dont think us having the artificial pitch helps with recruitment and also not ideal for a small depth squad as our pitch will defo have taken its toll on a small squad long before season ends ,but your correct there will be more players than ever to choose from when all the contracts expire ,only trouble is from my point of view i dont like the idea of naysmith getting more players in to fit his types of style ,we could be top of the league and alot of fans wont want to watch his teams play .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)