+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New signing(s)

New signing(s)

Realistically, who would you like to see come in during this transfer window? Alternatively, who would you like to see the back of?

re: New signing(s)

I think it goes without question the players that have seemed to be exiled should be made main priority to find new homes for.

Surely Mike Edwards will want to swap the reserves for some first team football somewhere? I think we should try and get a couple of younger lads e.g. Mark Beck out on loan to another club - free up his wages for potential free agent/other loan signing.

Other than that I don't really think we have many options to show the door. Gillies perhaps?

I'd like to see Nakhi Wells here. Doubtful - infact probably impossible. Perhaps we could go down a level and see if Rhys Murphy or Sam Winnall can hack it in Cumbria and League 1?

Would imagine Beck is earning nothing so wouldn't free up much. Edwards probably wants to go but if he is on 100 grand a year at his age where would he go without a wage cut. Edwards would be better pushing through his coaching badges and using as a coach or a scout, at least we are getting some value for him until the summer. Same with Cadz, otherwise they just sit and do nothing before moving into pub management.
    We need all the stereotypes, 20 goal striker, box to box midfielder, commanding centre half. Back to the reserve teams of the Manchester clubs I expect unless we can unearth some Bulgarian or Romanian talent now they qualify for visas.

Commanding Centre Half - check CMW.

20 Goal striker - Amoo has 10 in half a season. Buaben is a box to box midfielder - almost. The centre backs we have now are better than at the start of the season, by miles.

We still need creativity, and endeavour in every game. They must give their all every time they take the field, not just if they fancy it.

"Buaben is a box to box midfielder - almost"

Now come on, get serious.

I think the idea of a 20 goal man would be to compliment the 15 goals or so Amoo will get you? I don't think any side can manage with 20 goals alone...

It's good to see reports of Miller linked to other clubs - free up a lot of wage spending and would potentially we can get 1/2 other strikers in and maybe they could look a bit more interested?

Why do people think we can send young lads out to free up wages yet others expect us to get players in from premier league clubs for free.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)