+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is running this useless messageboard?

Who is running this useless messageboard?

Several people on various threads have complained about a variety of issues with the errors/ineffectiveness/breakdown etc etc of this board. I noticed a thread linking to the new board was removed so someone obviously has some sort of control, however ineffectual in the main.

The board is slowly dying because of these numerous faults.

Whoever is in charge ( now that we know it is not Tashy ) can you please communicate with us and let us know what is going on and what, if anything, you intend to do to rectify these persistent faults.

re: Who is running this useless messageboard?

They're run by Footymad - I've added a link to their contact us page if you wish to vent your spleen directly.

Tashy is just the main site editor - he has no control over the site in terms of the technology or the customer service and he also has a full time job and various part time ones too so he can't just drop everything when people want attention or want to have a moan and to be honest its not his responsibility either. - view external link

As much as it pains me to write - let it die. I appreciate all Tashy's hard work but the other one has regenetated interest, there is a lot of traffic and the end of the day it is not the vehicle for messages rather the opportunity to post and contribute to the threads.

Tashy has already explained that to us earlier and I am not getting at him as he has explained his position clearly, if rather belatedly, and it is clearly not his responsibility and I am not expecting him to 'drop everything' as you imply

'The sites were moved across to new hosts, but essentially they made a rather large cock-up in doing it, including saying they were working Christmas Day and Boxing Day to fix it (well don't change servers at Christmas then).

It took them nearly two weeks to do it instead of the two days or so they said it would.

It seems to be back to normal-ish now anyway, so let's hope that continues as it should do as they say the work has finished now.

I don't work for the company involved with it now and haven't done for a few years, and don't know anyone at the new company.

I agree that some of the decisions made by them in doing it have been wrong, but it's totally out of my hands.

Apologies for not communicating that earlier.'

I am not looking for 'at

Well there's a very good alternative to this message board.

It's now also a lot easier for the moderators as there are now a lot fewer posts to trawl through.

This thing is eating text on the template again

Plenty room for you on the other board FT.

Btw I've had jelly splash pop up twice whilst writing this.

gary.purvis@footymad.net

and

technical@footymad.net

are two other e-mail addresses for contact.

I think it's shambolic as well but as has been pointed out, it's completely out of my hands sadly.

What is the address of the new board?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)