+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The team that left and almost disappeared from view

The team that left and almost disappeared from view

Where are they now ?

Roy Carroll

Pascal Chimbonda
    Stephan Henchoz
    Antolin A
    Acatraz
    Maynor Figoroa - bit desperate that as he 's doing OK

Charles N'Zogbia
    Wilson Palacios
    Diame
    Valancia - ended up at DM's United - tragic

Hugo Rodellega
    Big Emile

re: The team that left and almost disappeared from view

Out of that lot I would have hugo back anytime. Would still do a great job for us.

Quote Originally Posted by arjan
    Where are they now ?

Roy Carroll

Pascal Chimbonda
    Stephan Henchoz
    Antolin A
    Acatraz
    Maynor Figoroa - bit desperate that as he 's doing OK

Charles N'Zogbia
    Wilson Palacios
    Diame
    Valancia - ended up at DM's United - tragic

Hugo Rodellega
    Big Emile
    Its a strange list to be honest. AGree with Pascal, Rodallega and Charlie, although latter has a bad injury. Quite a lot of our players have gone on to do very well. I dont see how you can include Valencia in a list of "havent done wells". He's been one of the stand out players in the Prem of the last couple of years. We might not like Spammers, but I suspect Diame has started a greater proportion of games for them than he did for us. Alcaraz has been injured but is now playing for a high flying Everton team. Emile and Henchoz were pretty much at end of careers.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejoes01
    Out of that lot I would have hugo back anytime. Would still do a great job for us.

Hugo was a headless chicken ilI was glad when he went.

Seem to remember he scored with his head against stoke to keep us in the prem. !!

His first goal, the first goal of the season for both the whole of the prem, and Wigan against Aston Villa was a stunner and definitely his best.

It was probably goal of the day and season for both the Prem and Wigan.

Nice sunny afternoon, down the right side and a looping volley than not even Gordon Banks or Ali could have stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejoes01
    Is it wrong that my immediate thought when I read that was "Yeah, as a corner flag".

He was full of effort but he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo from five paces. Roy Carroll has done well for himself of late, he's become something of a cult hero at Olympiakos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz_latic
    Roy Carroll has done well for himself of late, he's become something of a cult hero at Olympiakos.
    That's what I thought & was goign to post something similar but checked online befroe I did & by all accounts he has slipped to third in the pecking order this season.
    I'd agree though that someone who left latics for United, displaced France's #1 keeper, created a record at United for consecutive clean sheets & who only last season was playing champions league football is hardly disappearing from view!!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)